Skill strategies for sustainable growth and innovation
Manoj Badale [Co-founder, Blenheim Chalcot] and Professor Alice P. Gast [President, Imperial College London] will mark the launch of Scale Space White City with an opening address.
The first event of The Scale Factor will aim to address the widening skills gap in the UK, an issue that disproportionately affects the tech sector and scaleups. If unsolved, the skills gap could lead to a loss of £120 billion in economic output by the end of 2029. Virtually join our expert panel to find out how to close the skills gap and protect the talent pipeline in your business.
The session will be hosted by James Ashton former city editor of The Sunday Times and the London Evening Standard. Hear from a diverse set of perspectives bridging policy, academic and scaling communities:
– Irene Graham – Chief Executive Officer, The ScaleUp Institute
– Dr Mark Kennedy – Associate Professor, Imperial College Business School
– Richard Haynes – Chief Commercial Officer, Avado
– Stian Westlake, Chief Executive, Royal Statistical Society
We are also delighted that scaleup mentor, investor and writer Chris Yeh, will join us live from Silicon Valley as our keynote speaker. Chris is the co-author of ‘Blitzscaling’ with Reid Hoffman, is co-founder of the Global Scaling Academy and has founded, advised or invested in over 100 tech startups.
The event will explore critical questions including:
– How to close the skills gap and protect a pipeline of talent for UK scaleups (especially post Brexit and post pandemic)
– Emerging trends in education – are secondary and tertiary curricula adequately preparing the next generation?
– Culture, diversity and inclusion – how to attract more diverse talent into STEM
– New modes of L&D – structured and unstructured training approaches
– Hiring the right skills at the right time – “how to choose Ms. Right Now versus Ms. Right”
About The Scale Factor
Driven by our core mission to unlock the potential of UK innovation, Scale Space is excited to launch its flagship event series in partnership with Imperial College Business School. The Scale Factor will provide a forum to identify and debate the most decisive challenges to scaling in the UK market and beyond. It will deliver insights and practical advice for our community from the most experienced scalers and experts in the field.