As part of Imperial Sustainability Week, Grantham Institute will be focusing on the theme of Nature and Biodiversity on Thursday 18th February 2021.
You don’t need to travel to exotic places, or even to a nature reserve, to experience amazing wildlife. In this short virtual guided walk, Imperial PhD student Ben Chapple will show you some of the rich biodiversity found in the heart of London, and provide some useful tips on how to experience nature on your own doorstep.
Imperial College London and the Imperial College Union have teamed up to host a week-long celebration of sustainability from 15-19 February. Join us for five days of panel discussions, interactive online events and social media takeovers on everything from energy and waste to sustainable food and active travel. Find out how Imperial College researchers are helping to build a greener, more sustainable world and learn how you too can get involved! Sign up to the Sustainable Imperial newsletter.
More events in the Sustainability Week Programme:
- 15 February 12.00 Sustainability Strategy Launch Event
- 15 February 17.00 The Energy Challenge: Building a Sustainable Energy Future
- 16 February 12.00 How can we all make Imperial more Sustainable?
- 16 February 17.00 Water & waste: reducing Imperial’s consumption and preventing pollution of our natural environment
- 17 February 12.00 Imperial College London: Sustainability Ideathon
- 18 February 12.00 ‘Nature on your Doorstep’ Virtual Nature and Biodiversity Walk by Ben Chapple
- 18 February 17.00 The Ecological Crisis: Science, Scary Stuff and Solutions
- 19 February 12.00 Transition to Zero Pollution and Sustainable Mobility at Imperial