Engaging society in times of change…
After a year like no other, one where science and research have been in the spotlight, we’re bringing you an extended programme of online talks, panels and workshops. Join us over three half-days 20-22 April as we share learnings for engaging society in times of change and crisis.
Fozia Irfan – Director of Children and Young People, BBC Children in Need
Fozia is responsible for grant-making at Children in Need, ensuring that donations to the charity have the greatest impact for children and young people in the UK who need it most. She is also the founder of the DEI Coalition, a network of philanthropic funders committed to diversity and inclusion.
We’ll be bringing you top speakers from cultural, engagement and communication professions including:
- Rachel Mckay – Manager, Historic Royal Palaces, Kew and Founder of the Recovery Room
Rachel’s research, alongside her 20-year career in the cultural sector, has made her an expert in helping attractions bounce back from crises. Tune in to hear about resilience in culture and engagement.
- Andy Ridgway – Science Communication Lecturer, University of the West of England
Andy has a background in journalism, working with the BBC, New Scientist and The Economist. He will share insights into how people make sense of information during COVID-19 and what that means for our communications.
- Dr Nicola Lang – Director of Public Health, Hammersmith and Fulham Council
Nicola is at the forefront of the pandemic response in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. She graduated in Medicine from Imperial and later specialised in public health, with a particular focus on marginalised groups.
Take your pick of our interactive workshops* exploring some of the skills, ideas and understandings we have developed in the last year. Workshops include:
- ADAPT: Rethinking how we plan engagement activities in times of change and uncertainty
- COMMUNICATE: Interacting, presenting and collaborating online
- CELEBRATE: Sharing our successes in public engagement and beyond
- ACTIVATE: Finding time and motivation for engagement work
- GOING OFFLINE: Digital exclusion and working with community groups
*Please note that workshop spaces are limited so book now to avoid disappointment