The Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics (HSMR) is now in its 13th year and has provided an annual forum for surgeons and engineers from across the globe to network and explore the latest developments in medical robotics. Every year researchers, clinicians and engineers are invited to submit papers on a range of topics covering clinical specialities in Urology, Cardiac Surgery, Neuro Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Gynaecology, ENT, Orthopaedic and Paediatric Surgery.
This year we plan to build beyond the previous achievements and take the symposium to even higher successes with the theme of ‘Surgery and Beyond’. We have already received full CPD accreditation from the Royal College of Surgeons and to complement this we are planning a programme with increased focus on clinical practitioner centered talks, workshops and presentations.
Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics 2021:
UK-RAS White Papers 2021 Launch Event
The EPSRC UK-RAS Network Launches two new publications in their prestigious White Paper Series
About this event
Join us for the virtual launch of two new publications in the UK-RAS White Paper Series.
Including introductory talks from the authors and an open discussion session, don’t miss this opportunity to find out more about our 2021 White Papers and speak directly to the authors behind them.
Our 2021 White Papers titles are:
- Preparing the Workforce for 2030: Skills and Education for Robotics & Autonomous Systems
- Surgical Robotics: Towards Measurable Patient Benefits and Widespread Adoption
- Welcome & Introduction – Barry Lennox (UK-RAS Network Executive Committee)
- Preparing the Workforce for 2030: Skills and Education for Robotics & Autonomous Systems – Richard Waterstone (Cyberselves Universal Ltd.)
- Surgical Robotics: Towards Measurable Patient Benefits and Widespread Adoption – Ferdinando Rodriguez y Baena (Imperial College London)
This event is part of the UK-RAS Network Robotics Summer Showcase (#RobotShowcase), a 3-month programme of events for members of the RAS community working in academic, industry, and policy.