To celebrate the opening of our new Centre for Pulse Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR) spectroscopy at Imperial College London (PEPR), we invite you to participate in our hybrid (online and in person) launch event.
The program will feature short talks by a diverse set of speakers, and include opportunities for networking and tours of the PEPR facility (the latter led by Facility Manager, Dr Alberto Collauto). We aim to showcase the wide range of challenges that can be tackled with EPR, and give you an idea of PEPR’s unique capabilities and vision.
- Prof Richard Craster, Dean of Natural Sciences (ICL)
- Dr Maxie Roessler, Director of PEPR (ICL)
- Dr Daniel Smith, Head of physical sciences portfolio (EPSRC)
- Prof Eric McInnes, Co-director of the National EPR facility (Manchester)
- Prof R David Britt, Director of CalEPR (UC Davis, USA)
- Prof Enrica Bordignon, University of Geneva (Switzerland)
- Dr Christopher Wallis, Senior Vice President of Innovations (Polymateria)
- Prof John Morton, Chair of Quantum Spin Dynamics Group (UCL)
- Prof Bill Rutherford, Chair in Biochemistry of Solar Energy (ICL)
- Prof Sandrine Heutz, Professor of Functional Molecular Materials (ICL)
- Prof Anthony Kucernak, Professor of Physical Chemistry (ICL)
- Dr. Andrew Ashley, Senior Lecturer in Synthesis and Catalysis (ICL)
- Prof. Oscar Ces, Head of Department of Chemistry (ICL)
12:00 | Lab Tours
14:00 | Welcome and vision for PEPR
14:30 | Scientific application: Chemistry & Catalysis
15:00 | Break
15:20 | Scientific application: Energy & Environment
15:50 | Scientific application: Materials
16:20 | Scientific application: Biology
17:00 | Closing remarks and drinks reception
19:00 | Close
Registration is free but numbers are limited so please register early to avoid disappointment. The deadline for registration is 17:00, Friday 10th September.
To help us with planning and catering, when registering, please select the relevant ticket type depending on whether you plan to attend the event in person or online. For the lab tours – please note that we will need to limit number of people that can join each tour due to COVID-19 safety measures. If lab tours are oversubscribed, attendees external to Imperial College be prioritised on the day of the launch with tours for Imperial College students and staff organised at mutually convenient times on alternative dates.
GETTING TO WHITE CITY CAMPUS
The nearest near London Underground (tube) stations are:
- White City station: 3 minute walk
- Wood Lane station: 6 minute walk (Circle line, Hammersmith and City line)
- Shepherd’s Bush station: under 20 minute walk (Central line, Overground, National Rail connections)
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
To ensure the safety of all attendees, the below additional measures will be in place for this event: a) wearing of face masks whilst in the building (speakers may remove these during their talks), b) social distancing within the Lecture Theatre, and c) proof of double vaccination or negative COVID test (the latter taken within 48 hours of the event) from all attendees on arrival at the event.
Attendees will also be required to scan a coronavirus QR code on arrival; for those unable to download the App there is the option to provide your mobile number when registering to ensure we will be able to contact you if necessary.
If you develop symptoms of COVID -19 or are contact with anyone who tests positive in the 10 days before the event please let us know and do not attend the event in person (you will be able to purchase a ticket to attend virtually).
Please note that Imperial College London processes your personal data in line with the Events Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact email@example.com