2 October – 3 November 2023 (Online)
Live online sessions: 6, 13, 20, 27 October & 3 November 2023
This short course will develop your skills and understanding of the prerequisites for the health of the neonate. This includes appropriate assessment and management of maternal health and initial care and stabilisation of the neonate.
Topics covered will include:
- Maternal health and its impact on neonatal outcomes
- Fetal medicine for the paediatric/neonatal practitioner
- Resuscitation, stabilisation of the high risk and complex neonate
- Initial postnatal management of the high risk and complex neonate
- Ethical aspects and redirection of care
- Neonatal surgical conditions
- Global maternal and neonatal health
This fully online course is run over 5 consecutive weeks and you are expected to conduct ~ 7 hours per week of guided and self-directed asynchronous learning, which also incorporates group work online. There are also planned synchronous sessions during the course to discuss ideas, present group and individual work and to facilitate further learning.
The course consists of several synchronous sessions on a video-conferencing platform, where you will experience active learning, as well as weekly online tasks and related activities for you to complete individually or in small groups. This is supported by case-based learning and practical guidance.