ICB CDT Transferable Skills training: Science and Communication with the BBC
This course aims to give students hands-on experience in what it is like to produce radio and television content, whilst giving practical guidance in science communication.
Aims and objectives
- to explore the various ways in which the research community engages with non-specialist audiences
- to survey the various social media platforms and discover which best suits your research and communication agenda
- to give a first-hand insight into how the media works
- to practise media techniques like interviewing, scriptwriting and presenting
- to acquire a renewed, savvy attitude to the media and wider engagement
- to experiment across media platforms in the supportive and safe space of our friendly, informal training environment
- to have fun!