A Grantham Institute event at the UK Pavilion, COP25.
This session will explore the role of blue carbon ecosystems – like mangroves, seagrasses and tidal marshes – in both reducing carbon emissions and helping coastal areas adapt to climate change, by boosting protection against floods, storms and sea level rise. It will also consider how to integrate marine ecosystem management into policy.
- Professor Melanie Austen, Head of Science at Plymouth Marine Laboratory | @Mel_Austen
- Nick Reynard, Research Postgraduate at Imperial College London | @NickReynard
- Ioannis Karmpadakis, Lecturer in Coastal Engineering at Imperial College London | @ikarmpadakis
- John O. Niles, Executive Director at the Carbon Institute
- Dr Ali Mashayek, Lecturer in Environmental Fluid Dynamics, Imperial College London [Chair] |