Taste Imperial Customer Charter
The Taste Imperial team is committed to providing an excellent level of customer service and strives to maintain this with regular reviews, staff training and encouraging feedback from our customers. Our Customer Charter outlines our commitment and the standards of service you can expect from us, how to obtain information you need and explains how you can help us to continue to maintain high standards of service through your feedback. Our charter applies to all our customers, internal or external.
As Catering staff we are committed to:
- Providing a professional, cheerful, courteous and efficient service and treating all our customers with respect, fairness and honesty
- Providing clear, accurate information about our products and ranges, and displaying up-to-date menus and signage
- Offering the best value for money, ensuring we remain competitive and benchmarking our products against high street prices at least once a term
- Opening our catering outlets on time, offering a variety of products that suits the time of the day as well as ensuring that vegetarian, halal and gluten free options are available until we close
- Opening another till if available, if there are more than 5 people in the queue
- Partake in regular training to ensure we act in the best interest of our customers at all times and embrace any changes which will improve the service we provide
- Continually striving to improve services and learning from customer feedback. All comments and suggestions are reviewed upon receipt and improvements are made as necessary
- Creating and maintaining a safe and clean environment for customers and staff
- Complying with all relevant legislation and training
- Continually improve our environmental performance and strive to buy more fresh and local produce, purchasing through nominated suppliers and through sustainable sources (e.g. Marine Conservation Society fish)
Logging a complaint
If a customer finds that they are dissatisfied with the quality of service provided they can raise a complaint by telephone, email, a letter, via our online feedback form or in person.
All complaints received are taken very seriously and will be dealt with immediately where possible. Whilst we empower all staff to deal with complaints, if your complaint cannot be resolved by the staff member then it may be forwarded to a manager who will respond to you within 48 hours or invite you to discuss your complaint in more detail. In the unlikely event that the latter is not possible, the issue will be referred onto a member of staff who has the knowledge and expertise to resolve the complaint as soon as possible. You will be given the direct contact details of this person and an accurate timescales to expect a response.
When investigating a complaint, our staff will follow the simple steps shown below:
- Gather and analyse all relevant information, clarifying any confusion that may have occurred
- Decide on appropriate action to resolve the complaint
- Where possible discuss the issue face to face
- When necessary, we will regularly provide updates on the progress of an investigation until the matter is fully resolved
We value feedback about your experience of our service. We have an online feedback form available on our website where you can tell us about your experience.
All comments and suggestions are reviewed upon receipt and improvements are made as necessary.
Telephone and Face to Face Service
- Outlet staff are the initial point of contact for enquiries
- They will endeavour to respond promptly and helpfully and always in a professional manner
- Where a staff member is unable to respond to a face to face enquiry directly, they will refer the enquiry to the relevant member of staff for resolution (e.g. the outlet supervisor)
- With regard to telephone contact, all phone messages will be responded to at the first available opportunity
Letter and Email Correspondence
- We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of all emails within 2 working days
- Where possible a full response to the email enquiry will be supplied within 10 working days
- We will respond to all letter correspondence within 10 working days of receipt
- In the event that an answer can't be sought within the 10 day period, contact will be made to inform the customer of this and frequent updates will be given until the enquiry has been resolved
- At times it may be deemed more appropriate to respond to a written enquiry over the telephone e.g. if staff member needs to obtain further information
To ensure that we are able to provide the best possible service, we expect our members to meet the following expectations:
- Treat all staff members in a polite and courteous manner
- Respect the safety, privacy and needs of other users
- Inform us how we can improve our services via online feedback form / email / letter / telephone or face to face
- Refrain from using any abusive or aggressive form of language when corresponding with a member of staff
- Please note that where a customer is found to be acting in an abusive or aggressive manner towards a staff member, the latter will politely but firmly close / terminate the conversation and inform their line manager of their actions