Get in touch
For general enquiries, please contact us via email at email@example.com
Who we are
The Department of Infectious Disease has recently formed a Research Committee, who will support the Executive Board with the development and delivery of the Department’s research strategy.
The Research Committee has representatives from each Section:
- Professor José Penades – Director of the MRC Centre for Molecular Biology & Infection, Section of Molecular Microbiology (Chair)
- Dr Myrsini Kaforou – Advanced Research Fellow, Section of Paediatric Infectious Disease
- Professor Xiaodong Zhang - Professor of Macromolecular Structure and Function, Section of Structural and Synthetic Biology
- Professor Paul Kellam – Professor of Virus Genomics, Section of Immunology of Infection:
- Professor Graham Cooke – NIHR Research Professor of Infectious Diseases and Deputy Head of Department, Section of Virology
- Professor Francis Drobniewski - Professor of Global Health and Tuberculosis, Section of Adult Infectious Disease
- Supported by Dr Paula Kirby – Research Manager, Faculty of Medicine (Secretariat)
How we can help
- Want to discuss grant application strategies?
- Thinking of applying for a Fellowship?
- Had some feedback on a grant application that you’d like to discuss?
- Like some independent feedback on a research proposal?
- Have a different question for the Research Committee?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, if you would like help with any of the following, please contact Dr Paula Kirby, Research Manager:
- Advice on funding schemes
- Help planning a grant application
- Help to identify internal resources/support in preparing a grant application
- Review of non-scientific sections of grant applications (e.g. lay summary, data management plans, impact statements)
- Obtaining Head of Department (HoD) approval of applications, or letters of support / supporting statements from the HoD
- Arranging mock interviews for grant applications