Wearables, Behaviour and Data: 23 March 2016, 2-6pm
Wearables are technologies which are in contact with the body and which monitor or actuate a specific function related to health.
Our event on 23 March explores some of the key themes and challenges in Wearables and demonstrates some of Imperial’s leading research in this field. Our event provides an opportunity for our company partners to meet Imperial academics and clinicians working in the field of wearable technology and showcase innovative new technologies.
Venue: Department of Bioengineering, Royal School of Mines Building, Imperial College, London SW7 2AZ
13.00 - 14.00 Lunch and Registration
14.00 - 15.00 Wearables in Society (Chair Dr Aldo Faisal)
- Welcome and Introduction to the Event, Dr Aldo Faisal and Robert Ferguson
- Dr Tobias Reichenbach - Wearables and diagnosis of communication disorders
- Dr Petra Wark - Wearables, validation and disease prevention
- Dr Ravi Vaidyanathan - Motor Learning: Wearables and ambient sensing for rehabilitation and sport
15.15 - 16.15 Wearables and Data (Chair Dr Tobias Reichenbach)
- Aldo Faisal - The Data Deluge: Machine learning for next generation wearable health technology
- Dr Bennny Lo - Wearables and Device Security
- Data, Design and Wearables
- Dr. Lorenzo Picinali - Using Virtual Reality (VR) to improve hearing aid effectiveness
16.30 - 17.30 Applications for Wearables (Chair Dr Lorenzo Picinali)
- Professor Martyn Boutelle - Wearables for acute clinical monitoring
- Dr Pantelis Georgiou - The bio-inspired artificial pancreas for treatment of diabetes
- Plenary session
17.30 onwards: Reception
Exhibition: Accompanying our programme of presentations will be an exhibition of some of the innovative work taking place at Imperial College.
Partnering: We are keen to help you find research partners during this event and are offering you the opportunity to meet academics, clinicians and company representatives. Please contact Robert Ferguson if you are intrested in partnering opportunities.
Registration: Please register for our event on the following link: Register for Wearables Event
Please contact the event organiser Robert Ferguson.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7594 6371