The Blyth Centre has ten music practice rooms which are available for use by students and staff of Imperial College.
- Four ensemble rehearsal rooms with grand pianos
- Six solo practice rooms with upright pianos
After we have received your request you will be invited to a Teams meeting to discuss the rules and answer any questions you may have about the rooms. We like to meet everyone who uses the practice rooms.
If you haven't heard from us, don't worry we are processing your room registration request.
Players wishing to use the grand pianos must produce evidence of having passed grade 8 or above of the standard Examination Board or equivalent.
All rooms (except Ensemble Room 1) are available to solo players and a group of two players from 8.00 to 20.00 Monday – Friday (No weekends). Rooms can be booked using the instructions below
Use of rooms
- You may only book one hour per day and not more than a week in advance. You must book a room for track and trace purposes.
- You must put in your Name and CID number in the booking.
- Do not book under another name, we check all bookings regularly.
- Do not take food or drink into the rooms — the potential for unintentional damage to pianos is too great.
- Please do not move the pianos.
- Please remember to switch off the power on the Clavinova keyboard when you have finished using it.
- Please do not move the coloured acoustic panels in the rooms as this marks the walls.
- Please only book ONE hour a day, and do not book the same time in the same room on consecutive days.
- Do not make reoccurring bookings.
- Hours: 8:00 am – 20:00
- Please only book on the hour or on the half hour (10.00 – 11.00 am or 10.30 am – 11.30 am). Any bookings made for quarter hours will be deleted.
Please do not leave instruments in any of the practice rooms.