Ventures from the MedTech SuperConnector and Techcelerate accelerator programmes are to pitch their research-led technologies at a virtual showcase.
The online event will showcase ventures and the innovative technologies they are commercialising via 25+ pre-recorded venture pitches and an afternoon of live discussions and networking at an online event on 15 June.
The pitches are spread across a number of themes including sustainability, consumer healthcare, artificial intelligence & digital, biotech & devices, and manufacturing & materials. These short pitches feature the programme participants, their novel technologies and an ask for the audience.
The live event will include a discussion between Zoë Reich, Investment Associate at Octopus Ventures, Dr Ben Swift, MTSC participant and startup founder, and Dr Melissa Lezameta, Senior Business Manager at the Francis Crick Institute. They’ll answer questions and compare opinions on the challenges of growing deep tech ventures – startups developing products based on years of research.
Jenny Chong, a technology expert with decades of experience in managing businesses in big data, electronic communications, finance and the health sector, will introduce the discussion and Dr Nadia Danhash, Director of Innovation at the Royal College of Art, will reflect on findings.
- SCALED ltd - a material innovation company developing custom-fit wearables for athletes to prevent harmful long-term damage from joint injuries. Progressed to the final of the London Mayor’s Entrepreneur Competition this year.
- Dockchain - a simple box which can be connected together to charge more Electrical Vehicles (EVs) from one charge point.
- DyeRecycle - using a novel two-step process, DyeRecycle can easily recycle dye from waste textiles to be re-used in a less water-intensive dyeing process. Progressed to the final of the London Mayor’s Entrepreneur Competition this year.
- Topographies of Pain - Topographies of Pain focuses on the tactile communication of pain. It is designed to support non-verbal communication and encourages data collection for self-reporting
- Claire Health Technologies - Claire is a smart lifestyle-based support that helps people prevent and manage back pain, giving them more control over their wellbeing.
- PolyMetrix Ltd - delivers a quick and cost-effective design-through-manufacture process for making custom-fit face masks, providing support to healthcare services and the general public.
Attendees will have the chance to view the pitch videos before and after the event.
MTSC and Techcelerate are business accelerator programmes that support early career researchers to commercialise their cutting-edge technologies developed at Imperial and in MTSC’s case seven other London institutions. Programme participants learn the basics of entrepreneurship whilst discovering a route to market that can enable them to realise solutions to important societal challenges.
Sign up the event and learn more about the programmes on the showcase web page .
Article text (excluding photos or graphics) © Imperial College London.
Photos and graphics subject to third party copyright used with permission or © Imperial College London.