Royal Institution 3-month PhD internship to gain experience of science communication and engagement. Apply now for internships in the October 2023 to October 2024 timeframe.
Mentoring Opportunity for PhD's & PostDocs
Opportunity for Physics PhD students and Postdocs to mentor Year 12 students (16/17 year old) on a research project at Imperial College London's new maths school.
- Imperial College London's new maths school (ICLMS) is a new state-funded sixth form working in collaboration with Imperial College London and will open its door in Sept 2023
- There is a great opportunity to support young people interested in mathematics and physics
- Physics PhD and Postdocs can get involved in mentoring a small group ofYear 12 (16/17 year old) students on a research project
- See here for more details and here for poster.
IOP Teacher training scholarships now open
Are you ready to inspire future generations of physicists with your passion for physics? Do you want to begin a rewarding career as a physics teacher?
If so, the IOP is awarding 175 scholarships, continuing professional development support and £29,000 of funding to talented individuals. Benefits of the scholarship include:
· support to develop your physics teaching skills including online continuing professional development (CPD) workshops;
· funding of £29,000 (tax free);
· the benefits of IOP membership for your training year; and
· access to a community of fellow scholars.
IOP scholarships are popular, and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. However, if you need more time to think, or want to hear more about further application rounds over the coming months, please register your interest to receive further updates.
Not a final-year student? You can register your interest in hearing more about teaching as a career by completing our short form.