Consultancy: How it Can Enhance Your Academic Career
Information and Booking
Tutor: Rebecca Andrew - Imperial Consultants (ICON)
Cost: Internal no charge.
External not available
Duration: 2 hours (09:00 - 11:00)
What have past participants found most useful?
- I became aware of some skills that I have and might be marketable. I thought about my own contacts with industry and how to use them.
- The course was very informative about Imperial Consultants, how it works and what the benefits are for Imperial researchers when working with them.
- The breadth of useful advice and the absence of painful/embarrassing exercises (Postdoc from the Business School)
- I really enjoyed every single aspect of the course. It’s very interactive, lots of interesting/unique exercises. The trainer was fantastic! (Postdoc, Life Sciences)
Who should attend
This course, run by staff from Imperial Consultants, is for any postdoc interested in applying their knowledge to problems in industry, commerce and government. The course will introduce you to the world of academic consultancy, from acting as an expert witness to providing specialist advice. It will also introduce you to the support Imperial Consultants, a College-owned company, can offer you when consulting.
- What is consultancy? How can it can enhance an academic career?
- The consultancy project life cycle including case studies
- Introducing ICON and how can we help
- How to get started with consultancy
- How you can promote yourself and develop your skills