Preparing Successful Fellowship Applications
Information and Booking
Tutors: Dr Karen Hinxman - Imperial College
For: Postdocs at Imperial, free of charge. Not available externally.
Please note: Absences and cancellations with less than 5 working days' notice will result in a £100 charge.
Duration: One day
Tuesday 11 October, 09.30-16.30, online
Tuesday 17 January, 09.30-16.30, in person
Tuesday 13 June, 09.30-16.30, online
More information will become available closer to the day of the course.
This course introduces postdocs to fellowship funding and the process of making a fellowship application.
During the course, you will learn where to look for appropriate fellowship funding, how to apply and how to prepare a written application. Additionally, you will take part in a practice exercise providing insight into the writing and peer review processes.
Successful applicants and panel members from Imperial will share their experience of applying for fellowships in a question and answer session.
- Where to find appropriate fellowship funding
- How to apply: A-Z of the application process
- Factors which contribute to successful applications
- Practice writing a fellowship proposal
- Gain experience in reviewing fellowship proposals
You will be required to write a 2-3 page research proposal as an exercise on this course which will need to cover the following:
- Title of your project
- Aims and research questions
- Background (context, track record)
- Plan: methodology
- How the fellowship will further your career