The PFDC organises a series of funder showcases which highlight the fellowship opportunities individual funders have to offer, as well as providing the opportunity for current fellowship holders to share their expertise and experiences of the fellowship application process through to interview top tips.
The funder showcases last about two hours and are open to all postdocs, fellows and clinicians from across the College.
- What makes their scheme(s) attractive/advantageous
- Who should apply - emphasising the requirements of a scheme(s)
- Application cycles/deadlines
- Key do’s: what impresses a panel at the application and interview stage
- Key don’ts: common mistakes to avoid
Fellowship holders cover:
- The application writing process - which bits were easy/hard
- The format and experience of a fellowship interview
- What has receiving their Fellowship enabled them to do
- Key do’s: what were the best pieces of advice that they received
- Key don’ts: what do they wish they had done differently
See details of upcoming sessions under the Upcoming Events
Things to consider to help in developing a fellowship application:
- Attend PFDC’s ‘Starting to think about a Fellowship Application Pop up’ or ‘Preparing Successful Fellowship Applications Course’
- Before you submit your fellowship application book a one-to-one appointment with a PFDC Consultant to get your application reviewed.
- Become a mock interview panellist
- See PFDC Publications