Dr Wooli Bae (former member)
Dr. Wooli Bae is currently working as a lecturer in experimental soft matter physics at the University of Surrey. Wooli was working as a postdoctoral research associate in the Department of Bioengineering with Prof. Guy-Bart Stan and Dr. Thomas Ouldridge.
His interests lie on using nucleic acid nanotechnology to understand underlying principles of fundamental biological/biophysical processes. He focused on developing an RNA module to implement novel-decision making synthetic circuits in living cells for his research project at Imperial. He is an expert in single molecule-fluorescence and single-molecule force spectroscopy and DNA nanotechnology.
Wooli received his Ph.D. in Physics in 2012 from KAIST, Korea on single-molecule techniques. After that, he joined Professor Dr. Tim Liedl’s group in Munich, Germany to learn DNA origami.
You can see Wooli's full CV here: Wooli CV
List of publications:
(1) Kempter, S.; Khmelinskaia, A.; Strauss, M. T.; Schwille, P.; Jungmann, R.; Liedl, T.; Bae, W. Single Particle Tracking and Super-Resolution Imaging of Membrane-Assisted Stop-and-Go Diffusion and Lattice Assembly of DNA Origami. ACS Nano 2019, acsnano.8b04631.
(2) Bae, W.; Kocabey, S.; Liedl, T. DNA Nanostructures in Vitro, in Vivo and on Membranes. Nano Today, 2019, 26, 98–107
(3) Funck, T.; Liedl, T.; Bae, W. Dual Aptamer-Functionalized 3D Plasmonic Metamolecule for Thrombin Sensing. Appl. Sci. 2019, 9, 3006.
(4) Nicoli, F.; Barth, A.; Bae, W.; Neukirchinger, F.; Crevenna, A. H.; Lamb, D. C.; Liedl, T. Directional Photonic Wire Mediated by Homo-Förster Resonance Energy Transfer on a DNA Origami Platform. ACS Nano 2017, 11, 11264–11272.
(5) Maier, A. M.; Bae, W.; Schiffels, D.; Emmerig, J. F.; Schiff, M.; Liedl, T. Self-Assembled DNA Tubes Forming Helices of Controlled Diameter and Chirality. ACS Nano 2017, 11, 1301–1306.
(6) Nickels, P. C.; Wünsch, B.; Holzmeister, P.; Bae, W.; Kneer, L. M.; Grohmann, D.; Tinnefeld, P.; Liedl, T. Molecular Force Spectroscopy with a DNA Origami-Based Nanoscopic Force Clamp. Science (80-. ). 2016, 354, 305–307.
(7) Kocabey, S.; Kempter, S.; List, J.; Xing, Y.; Bae, W.; Schiffels, D.; Shih, W. M.; Simmel, F. C.; Liedl, T. Membrane-Assisted Growth of DNA Origami Nanostructure Arrays. ACS Nano 2015, 9, 3530–3539.
(8) Bae, W.; Kim, K.; Min, D.; Ryu, J. K.; Hyeon, C.; Yoon, T. Y. Programmed Folding of DNA Origami Structures through Single-Molecule Force Control. Nat. Commun. 2014, 5, 5654.
(9) Bae, W.; Choi, M. G.; Hyeon, C.; Shin, Y. K.; Yoon, T. Y. Real-Time Observation of Multiple-Protein Complex Formation with Single-Molecule FRET. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 10254–10257.
(10) Diao, J.; Ishitsuka, Y.; Bae, W. Single-Molecule FRET Study of SNARE-Mediated Membrane Fusion. Biosci. Rep. 2011, 31, 457–463.