Charing Cross Hospital
Based in the Reynolds Building on the Charing Cross campus, our centre contains a gym and a strength and conditioning room
Monday - Thursday: 13.00 - 21.00
Friday - Sunday: CLOSED
Bank Holiday: CLOSED
Move Imperial Charing Cross Gym
Our gym at Charing Cross is located on the lower ground floor of the Reynolds Building on the Charing Cross campus. The main gym was completely refurbished in September 2018 to include state of the art equipment from Matrix. The gym includes a range of cardiovascular equipment and free weights to cater for a variety of training methods.
The centre is also home to a separate Strength & Conditioning gym area. Throughout term time this room will be used by both ICSM and IC performance teams as well as Clubs at scheduled times
Reopening Charing Cross gym
From Monday 12 April, the main section of the Charing Cross gym will reopen with specific adaptations. The following measures will be in place:
- Just as at Ethos, all sessions must be pre-booked in advance. If you've booked a session and can no longer attend, please make sure you cancel your session. (Further information on booking is below)
- So that social distancing can be maintained, there will be a maximum number of six people in the gym at any one time.
- We ask that you clean all equipment used during your session after use - cleaning products will be available to you.
- You won't be required to wear a face covering during your session, but you should do so in the coridors and common rooms adjacent to the gym. You'll need to remain socially distant from others at all times.
- So that social distancing is possible, some equipment will be temporarily out of use.
A member of our team will be on-site at all times to assist. We appreciate that these measures will bring some level of inconvenience, and we sincerely appreciate your cooperation so that we can keep everyone safe.
Accessing the gym and booking a session
Club Imperial Members
Step 1: If you already have a Club Imperial membership , contact our team to request for access to be added to your College ID card. Club Imperial members do not need to complete a further Health Commitment Statement as this was completed as part of your registration process at Ethos.
Non-Club Imperial Members and NHS Staff:
Step 1: Complete the Health Commitment Statement and send to the Active Lifestyles Team (Imperial College staff click here. NHS staff click here)
Step 2: A member of the Active Lifestyles Team will email you an online payment link
Step 3: Complete the required payment online
Step 4: Once the Active Lifestyles Team have received notification of your payment they will contact the Security Team to have your card activated for the duration of your selected membership.
Step 5: A member of the Active Lifestyles Team will email you to confirm that your card has been activated and the date it will expire.
Booking a session
All bookings and cancellation are made via the Move booking site. You'll need to choose "Classes" at "Reynolds", and then choose one of the available 60-minute booking times. Step-by-step instructions are provided on the site. If you need to cancel a previously booked session, this can be done under "Account History".
If you require any further information please contact us.
|Membership Type||Annual||9 months||6 months||1 month|
|Students||Included with Ethos membership||Included with Ethos membership||Included with Ethos membership||Included with Ethos membership|
|Club Imperial||Included with Ethos membership||Included with Ethos membership||Included with Ethos membership||Included with Ethos membership|
* These membership prices are for access to the Charing Cross (Reynolds) Hospital gym only