The leagues will run from 19 October 2020 and will culminate in December for the Imperial Finals – a celebration of sport at Imperial.
Beginning 19 October, Imperial Athletes will be hosting the College’s first intramural competition: Imperial Leagues.
Set to run across the Autumn term and culminate in December. Anyone that has purchased an IA membership will be able to participate. There will be a range of club, individual and non-club entries - more info will be on the website shortly. Imperial Leagues provides us all with an opportunity to return to sport in a social but adapted form.
Whether you want to enter with course friends, housemates or a club team, the Imperial Leagues are open to everyone of any ability. Imperial leagues are run in harmony with the existing student led sports clubs to give the best student experience possible.
Signing up to Imperial Leagues
You'll firstly need to ensure you're signed up as an Imperial Athlete. Although Imperial Leagues allows you to mix and match sports, register in the first instance with your 'primary sport'.
From there, if you already have a full team then you can just enter as a whole team. It might be a team made up of friends from your halls, course, society, club or a mix of all of them. To enter one of our leagues as a team you need to:
- Designate a captain in your group that is responsible for entering your team into the league and division. They should email email@example.com to sign up
- Imperial Athletes staff will contact you to confirm your place in the league along with fixture details and league information packs
- Once your team is confirmed, all members of your team including subs will need to buy an IA membership before the season starts
If you are not part of a team and just want to sign up as an individual, no problem:
- Complete our sign up form here
- You will be assigned to a team where there is availability
- Once in a team you can set up a Teams or WhatsApp group to stay in contact
If you have any questions then please email firstname.lastname@example.org