Tutor: Dr Helal Ahmed
Course Level: Level 1
Mode of Delivery: Face-to-Face Sessions Available
Maximum Course Capacity: 25 (Face-to-Face)
- Wednesday 21 February 2024
13:30-15:00, South Kensington
- Wednesday 24 April 2024
12:30-14:00, South Kensington
When working with other people you need to be able to communicate your ideas clearly, take responsibility, assert needs, and support one another. In this course you will learn how to communicate clearly with others, recognise confirming behaviour and analyse challenging confrontational scenarios and how to best manage those.
This course includes pre-course activities (1-hour) to complete before the live course. During the live part of the course, we will discuss the solutions to the scenarios and carry out activities.
Postgraduate Representatives, this course is recommended for you (by academics, former reps and the union) please ask the tutor for tailored case studies and signposting.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify key interpersonal skills and attributes that are required to work well with others
- Employ active listening and communication skills
- Recognise confirming behaviours when working with others
- Analyse challenging confrontational scenarios and how best to manage those
How to Book
Please select a date and book on via Inkpath using your Imperial Single-Sign-On.