Tutor: Dr Helal Ahmed
Course Level: Level 1
Mode of Delivery: Face-to-Face Sessions Available
Maximum Course Capacity: 50 (Face-to-Face)
- Wednesday 24 January 2024
13:00-15:30, South Kensington
- Wednesday 17 April 2024
14:30-17:00, South Kensington
This course introduces you to a range of approaches when negotiating or influencing others. The focus will be on using a balanced negotiation strategy with a look at the stages of the negotiation process and the use of different influencing styles and principles.
This course includes pre-course activities (1 hour) to complete before the live course. You are required to watch a video and complete two worksheets (Challenges 2 & 5) before the live session. During the live session we will go through the pre-course activities and practise negotiating and influencing.
Postgraduate Representatives, this course is recommended for you (by academics, former reps and the union) please ask the tutor for tailored case studies and signposting.
On completion of this course you will be able to
- Recognise the different strategies and stages of negotiation
- Identify signs of conflict and how you manage those in a negotiation
- Practise negotiating by employing appropriate strategy and communication
- Identify and employ the different styles and principles of influencing others
How to Book
Please select a date and book on via Inkpath using your Imperial Single-Sign-On.