Stepping Up: Master’s to PhD
Tutors: Dr Helal Ahmed & Dr Mark Allen (Careers Service)
Course Level: Level 1
Mode of Delivery: Remote
Maximum Course Capacity: 200
- Wednesday 31 January 2024
13:30-15:00, South Kensington
Deciding whether or not to do a PhD could be difficult. Understanding your motivations and options are essential to making an informed choice. This course is composed of a series of lectures delivered by different speakers (Careers Consultant, Graduate School Tutor and PhD students) exploring whether or not one should begin a PhD, life as a PhD student, and the options after obtaining a PhD.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of doing a PhD
- Determine whether or not a PhD will be suitable for you based on the information provided by the speakers
- Anticipate life as a PhD student
- Evaluate the options that are available after a PhD
How to Book
Please select a date and book on via Inkpath using your Imperial Single-Sign-On.