The stakes for leaders have never been greater than they are today. In the current climate of digital disruption and constant change, it falls to your leadership to make the best decisions, to mobilise and empower teams and to forge a clear roadmap towards sustainable competitive advantage. Imperial’s Leadership in a Technology Driven World programme equips you with the skills, the clarity of vision and the confidence to lead your teams in the age of digital.
Drawing fully on the expertise of Imperial College Business School, this eight-week online learning journey offers you a practical and personalised learning approach, backed by theory and delivered through interactive coaching elements. You are empowered to:
- Leverage new insights via case studies, coaching and self-reflection into your personal leadership style
- Explore what it means to be an effective leader and the techniques you need to lead teams through the digital age
- Develop a clear learning and development journey flowing from before the programme starts to beyond its conclusion
- Benefit from networking with international peers from diverse industries and backgrounds
Who should attend?
Imperial’s Leadership in a Technology Driven World programme is designed for executives with team management responsibilities, who are looking for guidance on how to lead effectively in the digital age. Your cohort represents a diversity of roles, industries, and organisations from around the world.
- Explore who you are as a leader and why are you the way you are; where you want to go and what your leadership goals are.
- Delve into how digital transformation affects you as a leader? What tools and approaches can make you more effective as a leader in a digital enterprise?
- Learn to adopt a coaching mindset so you can expand from being a manager who organises to a leader who inspires.
- Discover the What and How roadmap, different learning models, learning cycles, and situational leadership as well as the importance of psychological contracting.
- Learn what it means to be an authentic leader.
- Explore and manage potential pressure points between your own values and those expected of you by your organisation.
- Understand what makes you distinctive and unique as a leader and explore the implications of your leadership purpose for your leadership practice and career goals.
- Discover how managing your manager means building a relationship with your boss where he/she thinks highly of you, advocates for you, and are active participants in advancing your career.
- Decide which difficult conversations you need to have and how can you best approach these conversations.
- Leverage opportunities for building highly effective, cognitively diverse teams.
- Learn how to use EQ to enhance your leadership.
- Understand and manage your personal brand.
- Hear from faculty and industry experts on how to lead high performance and how to implement these learnings in your organisation.
What you will learn
- Module 1: Welcome Session
- Module 2: Leading the Digital Enterprise
- Module 3: Digitally Human
- Module 4: Coaching as a Leadership Style: Why
- Module 5: Coaching as a Leadership Style: What, How, Practice
- Module 6: Authentic Leadership
- Module 7: Finding your Leadership Purpose
- Module 8: Answer Intelligence
- Module 9: Difficult Conversations
- Module 10: Cognitive Diversity & High-Performance Teams
- Module 11: Managing Your Personal Brand
- Module 12: Emotional Intelligence
- Module 13: Leading High-Performance Teams
- Module 14: Summary of the Programme
Professor of Digital Strategy and Innovation
Professor Tucci received the degrees of Ph.D. in Management from the Sloan School of Management, MIT; SM (Technology & Policy) from MIT; and BS (Mathematical Sciences), AB (Music), and MS (Computer Science) from Stanford University. He was an industrial computer scientist involved in developing Internet protocols and applying artificial intelligence tools.
Professor Tucci's primary area of interest is in how firms make transitions to new business models, technologies, and organisational forms. He also studies crowdsourcing, Internetworking, and digital innovations.
Executive Leadership Coach
As a seasoned executive coach, trainer and facilitator, Frans Campher has extensive knowledge of global markets, business practices, and protocols. He has worked with CEOs, managing directors, senior executives, leaders, and partners in national, international, and global organisations, in both the public and private sectors.
Chief Learning Officer at Telefonica
Rory Simpson’s parents were Polar explorers and he spent his childhood summers living among the Inuit in Greenland and Canada. These experiences gave him unique insight into leadership. He is co-author of “Chief Wellbeing Officer: Building Better Lives for Business Success.” Rory Simpson was Associate Dean at London Business School and has delivered leadership seminars in more than 25 countries, including China, Chile, and Iran.
Imperial College Business School
Omar Merlo is Academic Director of the MSc Strategic Marketing programme at Imperial College Business School. Previously he was Lecturer in Marketing at Cambridge University Judge Business School, Fellow of St Edmund's College Cambridge, and Lecturer at the University of Melbourne. He has also held Visiting Professor positions at numerous universities worldwide, such as the University of Oxford, UCL, the London School of Economics, the University of Lausanne, Aalto University, the University of Lugano, the Helsinki School of Economics, and Yonsei Graduate School of Management. Dr. Merlo holds degrees in Business and in Political Science, and an Honours degree in Business Strategy. He earned his Ph.D. in marketing strategy from the University of Melbourne.
World Champion Rower and Olympic Medallist
Cath Bishop leverages her career as an Olympic rower and conflict diplomat to work with organisations looking to improve performance, develop leadership capabilities, and build a strong performance culture. She brings unique insights into how companies can achieve clarity of purpose, a learning mindset, and authentic collaboration, using the latest research on leadership theory and organizational psychology.
Dr. Brian Glibkowski
Pioneer of Answer Intelligence (AQ)™
Dr. Brian Glibkowski is passionate about the role of questions and answers in business and society. His research on the six WH-questions (what, why, how, when, where, who) as a common framework for communication and decision-making was recognized by the Association of Human Resource Development as one of ten articles that will shape the 21st century. Dr. Glibkowski is a pioneer of Answer Intelligence (AQ)™, a new science of answers. He is author of the book Answer Intelligence: Raise Your AQ (Emerald Publishing, 2021). Dr. Glibkowski is a Professor and CEO of Semplar Science, the company established to commercialize his research.
Senior Partner at Integral Leadership Dynamics
André partners with senior executives, directors, managers and teams, focused on personal and professional development. His client partnerships benefit from a 20-year international commercial career at board, director and senior management level in the manufacturing and media sectors. His 10-year career in Executive Education and development has supported a diverse range of global organisations, leaders and teams, with partnership experience across various cultures and environments in the UK, USA, Canada, Europe, Africa, Middle East, APAC, and Australasia.
Professor of Organisational Behaviour at Imperial College Business School
Celia Moore is Professor of Organisational Behaviour at Imperial College Business School. Prior to joining Imperial, she held positions at Bocconi University in Milan and London Business School, where she was on the faculty for nine years. She has also been a visiting scholar at Harvard Business School and a Fellow of the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University. She is currently an Academic Fellow of the Ethics and Compliance Initiative and sits on the UK’s Banking Standards Board Assessment Steering Committee.
Become an Associate Alumni
Take your partnership with Imperial College Business School to the next level by becoming an Associate Alumni. Complete more than eight days of our programmes to claim 'Associate Alumni' status and join our active alumni community.