Celebrating our Diversity
Departmental Away Day 2019
Staff thinking about development during the Departmental Away Day in April 2019
Recent Events and News
- The Civil Engineering Society (CivSoc) published a special issue of their Livic magazine on diversity in the Spring of 2019. This edition can be read here: Livic Spring 2019.
- Departmental staff participated in an away day which included an exploration of how to improve communication in the department in April 2019.
- The Department participated in the Faculty of Engineering’s annual Bring Your Child to Work Day on Thursday 26 July 2018, and hosted an event called Marshmallow Structures.
- International Women in Engineering Day 2018 was celebrated in the Department by a series of slides displayed around the Department.
Celebrating Staff Achievements
- Dr. Sunday Popo-Ola, a Research and Teaching Fellow in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, won the 2018 President’s Award for Excellence in Societal Engagement. Read about Dr. Popo-Ola's achievements here.
- 2018 Telford Gold Medal: This prize was awarded to Dr Michael Wan, Dr Jamie Standing, Prof Dave Potts and Prof John Burland for their paper Wan, M.S.P., Standing J.R., Potts, D.M. and Burland, J.B. (2017). Measured short-term subsurface ground displacements from EPBM tunneling in London Clay. Géotechnique, Vol. 67, No. 9, pp. 748-779.
- 2018 President's Awards: Congratulations to the following staff for winning 2018 President's Awards; Sarah Willis (for Research Support Excellence), Prof Ahmer Wadee (for Excellence in Research Supervision), Dr Marc Stettler (Outstanding Early Career Researcher) and Dr Matt Greetham (for Supporting the Student Experience).