The Staff Supporters scheme is an initiative that can help all staff access the support and guidance they need.
We have a trained network of volunteer Staff Supporters. These Staff Supporters can provide confidential and positive assistance to all Imperial staff when they need information, guidance, and support. Staff Supporters have received bespoke training and are able to provide confidential assistance on a range of issues, from queries about career advice or flexible working, to concerns about the behaviour of a colleague.
Sometimes staff do not know who to contact when they have a problem, they might not have access to a PC, or perhaps can't talk to their line manager. In these instances the Staff Supporter acts as a signposting and guidance service to provide information direct to staff.
What Staff Supporters do
A Staff Supporter is someone that will:
- Have a confidential face-to-face, telephone or email conversation with you and listen carefully to what you are saying and point you in the right direction
- Talk to you and calmly deal with any emotional upset
- Work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Not let personal assumption cloud their judgement so that they can provide impartial support
- Maintain absolute confidentiality.
A Staff Supporter will NOT:
- Provide specialist advice to individuals or act as an advocate
- Replace the remit of the Consuls, Trade Unions, or other professional services that give specialist advice