Mental Health First Aid refresher
All MHFA Refresher training takes place online via Zoom.
8 February 2024, 09.30-13.30
7 May 2024, 09.30-13.30
4 July 2024, 09.30-13.30
4 September 2024, 09.30-13.30
This training will enable you as a MHFAider to refresh your skills in the same way that physical first aiders do, while maintaining your confidence that you are performing your role as an MHFAider safely and effectively.
What is covered in this course?
This refresher course is aimed to support you as an existing Mental Health First Aiders (MHFAiders) by:
- Renewing your skills
- Updating your knowledge of mental health supports
- Giving you the chance to practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
Who is this course for?
This course is for existing MHFAiders only. It is a requirement for all MHFAiders to undergo refresher training every three years. It is the responsibility of individuals to ensure they sign up for refresher training when they receive their automated reminders to do so.
- Half day session
- Facilitated by internal College trainers
- Online course delivered via Zoom
You will receive an MHFA refresher manual that you can take away with you at the end of the course.
You will also receive an attendance certificate from MHFA England to show you completed the training.
MHFA Refresher FAQs Accordion
MHFA Refresher FAQS
I am unable to book on the course, what should I do?
The number of spaces on the course is limited and we are prioritising MHFAiders based on when they originally trained. If you wish to remain a MHFAider but can't make the available dates or they are fully booked please email the EDIC team.
Do I have to supply my own materials?
You will need to bring a pen and a notepad. A course manual and workbook is provided.
When will I receive my certificate?
You will receive an e-certificate from MHFA England once the course is completed.
What do I do if I don’t get my certificate?
You will need to email the EDI Centre.
What happens after the course?
Your name will continue to be displayed in the same places and you will be expected to continue to fulfil the role and responsibilities of a MHFAier.
What other Continuing Professional Development (CPD) options are there?
One of the MHFA trainers organises regularly forums with MHFAiders to share learning and best practice.
What happens if no-one contacts me in my role as an MHFAider?
You are still an MHFAider and your skills are still essential. We encourage you to attend the regular termly meetings to maintain knowledge. You do not know when you may be called upon personally or professionally.
What should I do if I am unable to be an MHFAider for personal or professional reasons? Can I step down?
This is not ideal, however, we do appreciate life and work commitments mean that you are not able to do this. If you need to step down, please email the EDI Centre to be removed from the list.
How is my interaction as an MHFAider recorded?
An online form is being designed to enable MHFAiders to capture this information.
I have lost my manual, can I get another one?
Yes, you can get a replacement manual for a fee of £30. To do this please email email the EDI Centre.
Netiquette for online training
- It is important that you are fully present and an active participant, to create a safe space for sharing and discussion.
- For some of our training, you will be required to keep your video cameras on. Please ensure prior to attending that you have a fully functioning camera and microphone. If you have any issues with your equipment, please contact us as soon as possible. If you require your camera to be off as a workplace adjustment, please let us know in advance so that we can makethe trainer aware.
- Please ensure that you are in a private space where you can maintain confidentiality and the privacy of the other delegates.
- To maintain confidentiality, all delegates are asked to agree to keep what is said within the group, and not record or take screenshots/photos without permission. Pictures or quotes from the session should not be posted on social media or elsewhere without the express permission of those involved.