Autism in the workplace
No booking required
Please allow up to two hours to complete this online course.
This course has been provided by the National Autistic Society and is suitable for all staff working alongside or managing autistic colleagues including managers, supervisors, HR staff, colleagues and workplace mentors. No previous knowledge of autism is required.
The e-course is divided into three sections which will cover the following:
Pre Assessment - Where we test your knowledge
Main Learning Module which covers:
- The current thinking around autism and identify the main areas of difference
- Increases awareness of the challenges autistic staff may experience in the workplace and why
- Recognise potential causes of anxiety for autistic staff in the workplace
- Helps identify and implement workplace adjustments that can be used to support autistic colleagues
Accessing the course
- Go to Blackboard Learn, enter your College username and password and click Login.
- Select the Courses tab in the top right corner of your screen, next to My Blackboard.
- Search for ‘Autism in the workplace’ in the Course Search field to find the course information in the Course Catalogue.
- Click on the Autism in the workplace - Course Name, select Enrol and then Submit to self-enrol on the course.
- Click OK to confirm enrolment.
- Click on the course link for the pre-assessment which you will need to complete before the main learning module.
- Once you have completed the pre-assessment you will be brought back to the blackboard main page to start the main learning module.
- Once this is completed you can access the final assessment.
- After the final assessment if you have a pass mark of 80% or more you will be able to download an e-certificate where you can enter your name and completion date.