Welcome to the waste directory - garden waste
What can be recycled?
Garden waste can easily be composted.
The gardening contractor will arrange this.
What is included?
What happens to this waste stream?
Garden waste stream
Where do I put garden waste?
- The gardening contractor will place garden waste is placed in a pile in the Secret Garden and at Silwood Park.
Who removes them?
- The material is not removed but processed on-site.
- Annually, the pile is shredded to create a smaller and consistent particle size suitable for the waste to be composted.
What happens then?
- The compost pile is left to mature and, ultimately, the compost is used on the grounds.
How green is this waste stream?
- Everything is put to good use.
- By recycling we reduce our need for raw materials, reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and reduce our carbon footprint.
- You are helping to protect and improve the environment.