Need to dash to other campuses?
College members can catch the free Imperial campus shuttle bus.
When accessing the booking app, you may receive a pop-up notification requesting permission to use your Office365 and SharePoint credentials. This is just to identify you as the user and you will need to allow all permissions in order to proceed with a booking.
Update: Due to estates works, the South Kensington bus stop will temporarily be relocated to outside the Dyson Building from 27 March to 19 August.
The College Shuttle Bus is available for staff and students, providing free transport between the South Kensington, White City and Hammersmith campuses on weekdays, in line with teaching, learning and research duties. Pre-booking is required; you should make your booking online no later than midnight prior to when you're travelling.
- Travel timings are approximate: Although we do our best to adhere to the timetables, London traffic is frequently subject to delays.
- Want to track where your bus is? Download the Safezone app to get live GPS tracking. (tap the three horizontal lines in the top left and select 'Buses')
- Who can travel: Staff and students who need to travel between campuses. This is not a commuter service - if you live locally, you will need to use public transport to travel to campus.
- Booking my journey: Pre-booking your journey is essential. Note: If opening the booking app in Safari, please turn off the Privacy setting ‘Prevent cross-site tracking’.
- What you'll need: Along with confirmation of your reservation, you will need to show your College ID when boarding.
Shuttle Bus Improvement Project 2023
Following an extensive consultation process, we'll be introducing a series of improvements to the Shuttle Bus service throughout 2023.
- From Monday 6 February until the end of the summer term, services will be increased to three simultaneous buses, providing a departure from all campuses every 30 minutes.
- This summer, a new fleet of larger, more accessible and more sustainable vehicles will be introduced. The new buses will nearly double the total daily capacity, whilst allowing easier access for wheelchair users. The new Enviro200 vehicles will be fitted with SmartPack fuel-efficient diesel technology and are accredited as a Low Emission Bus by the Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership (LowCVP).
- The new vehicles will be introduced in stages; we anticipate the first bus to be in service from May, with additional buses to be deployed in the following months.
You can find the new timetable below:
Shuttle Bus timetable
|Effective from Monday 6 February 2023|
* - This service will depart at South Kensington and stop at White City only, where it will terminate.
South Kensington: Rear of Sherfield Building (from 27 March until 19 August, the South Kensington bus stop will temporarily be based outside the Dyson Building)
White City: White City South campus, under the A40 flyover - see Maps of White City campus and its vicinity
Hammersmith: Outside the Burlington Danes Building - see Map of Hammersmith Campus
Shuttle Bus FAQs
I am a resident at GradPad / the local area - Why can't I use the shuttle bus to travel to campus?
Conditions of Travel
Conditions of Travel
- All passengers must have a valid student or staff College ID card in order to travel on the shuttle bus service.
- All passengers must pre-book their journey. You will be unable to travel without a prior booking.
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Do not talk to or distract the driver whilst the vehicle is in motion.
- There is no smoking, no food and drink, and no standing permitted.
- The services will only terminate at South Kensington and Hammersmith, passengers will be asked to leave the vehicle at these points.
- Passengers are not allowed to remain on the vehicle without a driver being present.
- Dropping off points and pick up points are at the designated bus stops only.
- Please do not litter. Notices or flyers and display posters are not allowed on the coaches.
- Do not play loud music - please use headphones and show consideration for other passengers
- The service being offered is a passenger carrying service only, however transportation of chemistry and biological substances category B samples must comply with the 'Transport of Samples on the College Shuttle Bus' guidance.
Examples of what can be carried in the coach cabin
- small rucksuck
- small sports bag
- small sports holdall
- brief cases
- tennis rackets placed in the overhead areas
- hockey sticks placed in the overhead areas
- a small case that can sit on your lap
Items that must not be put into the coach cabin
These types of items, goods or equipment are not permitted on the coaches, such items can be sent in the internal mail via the post room or couriers.
- PCs and TV monitors
- building materials and tools
- office materials e.g. boxes of paper
- fold-up bikes
- bags of shopping
- boxes of food and drink
- large musical instruments*
- glass objects
*The driver may allow suitcases and muscial istruments to be placed in the luggage compartments of the coach but this is at the Driver's discretion and whether the journey time allows for loading and unloading of these items. All items going in the luggage hold are left at the owner's risk.