Need to dash to other campuses?
College members can catch the free Imperial campus shuttle bus.
Shuttle Bus Survey
Alongside the Faculty of Natural Sciences, we are currently running a survey to gather your feedback on how the shuttle service is operated.
Provide your thoughts here (via Qualtrics)
Imperial Campus Shuttle bus
A shuttle bus service is available for Imperial students and staff, providing free transport between South Kensington, White City and Hammersmith campuses on weekdays. Following the trial shuttle service, we are continuing with the 35-seater buses and hourly services on weekdays. Please note that this bus service is regularly reviewed and timetables are subject to change.
A reduced vacation service will be in place during vacations. Only the services in bold will run during vacation periods. Term dates are available on this link.
Travel timings are approximate. Although drivers do their best to adhere to published timetables, London traffic is frequently subject to delays and disruption, your understanding will be appreciated.
Shuttle timetable from Monday 29 October 2018 (runs Monday to Friday only)
|When does it run?||South Kensington departure time||White City departure |
|Hammersmith arrival time|
|Term time only||08.15||08.45||08.50|
|Term time and vacation||09.15||09.45||09.50|
|Term time only||10.15||10.45||10.50|
|Term time and vacation||11.15||11.45||11.50|
|Term time only||12.15||12.45||12.50|
|Term time and vacation||13.15||13.45||13.50|
|Term time only||14.15||14.45||14.50|
|Term time and vacation||15.15||15.45||15.50|
|Term time only||16.15||16.45||16.50|
|Term time and vacation||17.15||17.45 (arrives)||_|
|Term time only||17.35||18.05 (arrives)||_|
|When does it run?||Hammersmith departure time||White City departure time||South Kensington arrival time|
|Term time and vacation||08.00||08.10||08.35|
|Term time only||08.55||09.05||09.30|
|Term time and vacation||10.00||10.10||10.35|
|Term time only||10.55||11.05||11.30|
|Term time and vacation||12.00||12.10||12.35|
|Term time only||12.55||13.05||13.30|
|Term time and vacation||14.00||14.10||14.35|
|Term time only||14.55||15.05||15.30|
|Term time and vacation||16.00||16.10||16.35|
|Term time only||16.55||17.05||17.30|
|Term time and vacation||–||17.55||18.20|
- South Kensington: Outside the Central Library on Imperial College Road - see Map of South Kensington Campus (link to College maps page)
- White City campus (Imperial West): Outside the Wood Lane Studios Reception - see Maps of White City campus and its vicinity (links to College maps page)
- Hammersmith Campus: Outside the Burlington Danes Building - see Map of Hammersmith Campus (link to College maps page)
Conditions of Travel
- All passengers must have a valid student or staff College ID card in order to travel on the shuttle bus service.
- Seats are available on a first-come first-served basis; the seating capacity cannot be exceeded. No standing. Please read the notices placed on the first 5 seats of each vehicle.
- On some services a number of seats will be taken by a pre booking agreement with Head of Department. Please do not use these seats until the driver makes them available.
- Chemistry TA’s must make themselves known to the driver as soon as possible and must present their Priority Pass stamped by the Head of Department to the driver.
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Do not talk to or distract the driver whilst the vehicle is in motion. There is a no-smoking policy on all College and Commonwealth Coaches vehicles.
- The services will only terminate at South Kensington and Hammersmith, passengers will be asked to leave the vehicle at these points.
- Passengers are not allowed to remain on the vehicle without a driver being present.
- Dropping off points and pick up points are at the designated bus stops only (see above).
- The consumption of food and alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Please do not litter. Notices or flyers and display posters are not allowed on the coaches.
- Do not play loud music - please use headphones and show consideration for other passengers
- The service being offered is a passenger carrying service only, however transportation of chemistry and biological substances category B samples must comply with the 'Transport of Samples on the College Shuttle Bus' guidance.
Examples of what can be carried in the coach cabin
- carrying small rucksuck
- ladies carrying a handbag
- small sports bag
- small sports holdall
- brief cases
- tennis rackets placed in the overhead areas
- hockey sticks placed in the overhead areas
- a small case that can sit on your lap
Items that must not be put into the coach cabin
- PCs and TV monitors
- building materials and tools
- office materials e.g. boxes of paper
- fold-up bikes
- bags of shopping
- boxes of food and drink
- large musical instruments*
- glass objects
These types of items, goods or equipment are not permitted on the coaches, such items can be sent in the internal mail via the post room or couriers.
*The driver may allow suitcases and muscial istruments to be placed in the luggage compartments of the coach but this is at the Driver's discretion and whether the journey time allows for loading and unloading of these items. All items going in the luggage hold are left at the owner's risk.