Innovation and Industry: Effective Project Implementation
Information and Booking
Tutor: Caroline Broad - Independent Consultant
Cost: Internal no charge.
Duration: 1 day (09:30 - 16:30)
What have past participants found most useful?
- I liked the way the trainer made you think deeply about a few of the topics (Postdoc, Materials)
- Combination of innovation, project management, people - great focus! (Postdoc, Public Health)
- The application of business theory to academic research (Postdoc, Health, Social Care and Education)
Are you working on projects in collaboration with industry? Would you like to improve your creative thinking skills and the tools to manage the projects they create?
This workshop is for you if you are looking to develop your understanding of the priorities of industry when working in a collaboration with academia, if you are looking for a move into industry (including not for profit) or you want to improve your basic project management skills. The aim is to develop project management skills in the context of industry academia collaborations (IAC).
In this workshop we explore a formal project development process from idea inception through to project implementation. You will practice project management tools and techniques and discuss cognitive and behavioural skills needed to implement them. We will discuss current UK industry, government (BIS) and research council expectations of IAC and the existing funding opportunities. The skills learned will support your effective interactions and well-managed projects with industry.
- Industry expectations of academia in collaborations
- An introduction to creative thinking and problem solving
- Effective project planning and implementation – team, task, individual
- Core project management tools
For further training in project management, please visit the Learning and Development Centre.