The group are highly active in development of Boundary Element and MeshFree techniques. We have developed range of mathematical formulations for effective and efficient modelling of material behaviour, structural mechanics and dynamics.
The methods developed cover a wide range of problems in continuum mechanics such as:
- Mechanics of Cracks, initiation and growth.
- Advanced plate and shell formulations
- Sensitivity analysis and shape optimisation
- Non-linear Contact and Wear
- Transient thermal and stress analysis
- Heterogeneous and functionally gradient materials
- Material nonlinearilty (plasticity, creep)
- Damage Mechanics
- Stochastic analysis
- Micromechanical modelling
- Advanced solutions techniques: Fast solvers
- Wave propagation, fluid structure interaction and acoustics