The Student Hub is committed to providing an excellent level of customer service and strives to maintain this with regular reviews, staff training and encouraging feedback from our customers. The sections below outline the standard of service you can expect from us, how to obtain the information you need and explains how you can help us to continue to maintain high standards of service through different feedback methods.
Student Hub customer services charter
We have 10 key targets that we endeavour to meet to ensure that you receive the best service from us:
- We identify our students’ needs at the first point of contact
- We provide clear, accurate, up-to-date and impartial information and advice
- We communicate with our students clearly, courteously and with competence
- All team members are enthusiastic and willing to assist with all enquiries that come into the Student Hub
- All team members are aware of how their own performance and actions can impact other team members and our students, therefore we continuously strive to be the best
- If applicable our students can access other relevant and related services through their contact with us
- If we are unable to answer your query we will refer you enquiry onto a relevant specialist for resolution
- We deliver services to our students in a timely manner and within the time frame set out within our Customer Charter
- Where appropriate we always follow up with our key customers after we refer them to others
- We deliver a professional service with our students best interests in mind
As Student Hub staff we are committed to:
- providing a professional, courteous and helpful service and treating all our students with respect, fairness and honesty
- providing clear, accurate, up-to-date and impartial information and advice
- communicating clearly, courteously and with competence
- ensuring that students will be able to talk to a member of the Student Hub Team during our advertised opening hours, including lunch hours, unless there is an unforeseen emergency
- address at least 80% of your queries at the first point of contact and to refer any that need specialist knowledge to the most appropriate person and in a timely manner
- partake in regular training to ensure we are effective and accessible to a diverse student community and to embrace any changes that will improve the service we provide
Student Hub staff members are the initial point of contact for face to face enquiries. Student Hub staff will endeavour to always respond to enquiries promptly and in a professional manner.
Where a Student Hub staff member is unable to answer your query they will refer the enquiry to the relevant specialist for resolution (e.g. a member of the Student Records Team or Finance Team).
If you are uncertain about who to approach with an enquiry, the Student Hub Team can put you in contact with the most appropriate member of staff. Most difficulties are easier to address early on, so please do not hesitate to seek support.
The service you receive will be professional and confidential. The Student Hub adheres to the College data protection policy.
Students can contact the Student Hub Team at email@example.com. This email address is checked by the team, so that responses are not restricted by staff absences.
The Student Hub looks to respond to all queries within 5 working days.
In the event that the Student Hub Team cannot answer your enquiry, you will be informed which specialist team your email has been passed to. You will be copied into any emails that are forwarded to the specialist team to ensure you have their contact details and are aware of who owns your enquiry.
Logging a complaint
If a student finds that they are dissatisfied with the quality of service provided they can raise a complaint by email or in person at the Student Hub.
All complaints received are taken very seriously and will be dealt with immediately where possible.
We empower all Student Hub staff to deal with a complaint face to face or via e-mail. If your complaint cannot be resolved by the Student Hub staff member then it may be forwarded to the Head of Student Hub who will respond to you within 48 hours (during the working week) by e-mail or invite you to discuss your complaint face to face.
In the unlikely event that the latter is not possible, the issue will be referred onto a member of staff who has the knowledge and expertise to resolve the complaint as soon as possible. You will be given the direct contact details of this person and an accurate timescale to expect a response.
When investigating a complaint, Student Hub staff will follow the simple steps shown below:
- Gather and analyse all relevant information, clarifying any confusion that may have occurred
- Decide on appropriate action to resolve the complaint
- Where possible discuss the issue face to face with the student in an informal setting
- When necessary, will regularly update the student on progress of an investigation until the matter is fully resolved
We value feedback about your experience of our service. To give feedback, please complete our online feedback form.
All comments and suggestions are reviewed upon receipt and improvements are made as necessary.
How you can help us
To ensure that we are able to provide the best possible service, please help us by ensuring that you:
- Treat all staff members in a polite courteous manner
- Respect the privacy and needs of all other customers
- Provide your Student Identification Card when asked to do so by the Student Hub team. This will enable us to deal with your enquiry in a timely manner and ensure that we are only discussing your personal details with you
- Inform us how we can improve our services via our feedback methods
- Refrain from using any abusive or aggressive form of language when corresponding with a member of staff
- Report any dissatisfaction with our service in a timely and appropriate fashion to allow us to act upon your comments quickly