The Student Hub is committed to providing an excellent level of customer service and strives to maintain this with regular reviews, staff training and encouraging feedback from our customers. The sections below outline the standard of service you can expect from us, how to obtain the information you need and explains how you can help us to continue to maintain high standards of service through different feedback methods.
Student Hub customer services charter
As Student Hub staff we are committed to:
Delivering a professional service with our students’ best interests in mind.
We do this by:
- providing a courteous and helpful service, treating all our students with respect;
- providing clear, accurate, up-to-date and impartial information and advice;
- addressing all queries at the first point of contact and referring those requiring specialist support to the most appropriate team;
- responding to queries sensitively, following College and data protection regulations;
- ensuring our service is accessible to all, providing support via telephone, online and in-person;
- continuously reviewing our provision to ensure an effective and inclusive service that meets the needs of our student community.
Student Hub staff members are the initial point of contact for face to face enquiries. Student Hub staff will endeavour to always respond to enquiries promptly and in a professional manner.
Where a Student Hub staff member is unable to answer your query they will refer the enquiry to the relevant specialist for resolution (e.g. a member of the Student Records Team or Finance Team).
If you are uncertain about who to approach with an enquiry, the Student Hub Team can put you in contact with the most appropriate member of staff. Most difficulties are easier to address early on, so please do not hesitate to seek support.
The service you receive will be professional and confidential. The Student Hub adheres to the College data protection policy.
Students can contact the Student Hub Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is checked by the team, so that responses are not restricted by staff absences.
The Student Hub looks to respond to all queries within 5 working days.
In the event that the Student Hub Team cannot answer your enquiry, you will be informed which specialist team your email has been passed to. You will be copied into any emails that are forwarded to the specialist team to ensure you have their contact details and are aware of who owns your enquiry.
Logging a complaint
If a student finds that they are dissatisfied with the quality of service provided they can raise a complaint by email or in person at the Student Hub.
All complaints received are taken very seriously and will be dealt with immediately where possible.
We empower all Student Hub staff to deal with a complaint face to face or via e-mail. If your complaint cannot be resolved by the Student Hub staff member then it may be forwarded to the Head of Student Hub who will respond to you within 48 hours (during the working week) by e-mail or invite you to discuss your complaint face to face.
In the unlikely event that the latter is not possible, the issue will be referred onto a member of staff who has the knowledge and expertise to resolve the complaint as soon as possible. You will be given the direct contact details of this person and an accurate timescale to expect a response.
When investigating a complaint, Student Hub staff will follow the simple steps shown below:
- Gather and analyse all relevant information, clarifying any confusion that may have occurred
- Decide on appropriate action to resolve the complaint
- Where possible discuss the issue face to face with the student in an informal setting
- When necessary, will regularly update the student on progress of an investigation until the matter is fully resolved
We value feedback about your experience of our service. To give feedback, please complete our online feedback form.
All comments and suggestions are reviewed upon receipt and improvements are made as necessary.
How you can help us
To ensure that we are able to provide the best possible service, please help us by ensuring that you:
- Treat all staff members in a polite courteous manner
- Respect the privacy and needs of all other customers
- Provide your Student Identification Card when asked to do so by the Student Hub team. This will enable us to deal with your enquiry in a timely manner and ensure that we are only discussing your personal details with you
- Inform us how we can improve our services via our feedback methods
- Refrain from using any abusive or aggressive form of language when corresponding with a member of staff
- Report any dissatisfaction with our service in a timely and appropriate fashion to allow us to act upon your comments quickly