Please see below for information on the degree award documentation issued by Imperial College London.
Should you have any queries regarding the degree award documentation issued by the College, please contact the Assessment Records Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for recent graduates
You can request and access your official documents online.
Your My Imperial student portal provides you with secure online access to a range of official documentation confirming your registration and attainment history at the College, including your Statement of Award letter.
My Documents also provides you with secure access to electronic copies of your degree award documents (including your degree certificate) to download or securely share with third parties (e.g. your employer), to provide evidence of your degree award. To learn how to share your documents, please refer to the following guide: DC Web Student Quick Reference Guide.
Hard copies of the final degree certificate and official academic transcript will be dispatched to graduates as soon as possible, and no later than 8 weeks of the award conferral date. Graduates are contacted directly by the College at the point of award conferral, with specific information relating to production and dispatch timeframes.
Your hard copy degree award documentation will be sent to the My Certificate Address specified in My Imperial. Please also ensure that your contact details, including your preferred email address and telephone number, are up to date. If you do not provide an updated My Certificate Address, your certificate will be sent to the Home Address registered against your College student record.
If you are unable to access your My Imperial Student account using your College network username and password, please email your CID and a description of the problem to email@example.com.
Imperial College Degree Certificates
Hard copies of degree award documentation are produced by Imperial College London and dispatched to successful graduates usually within eight weeks of award conferral.
Degree award documentation is sent to the My Certificate Address specified in My Imperial, either by Royal Mail (UK) or DHL (International).
All documentation is issued in the individual's full name as registered at the College, and no changes can be made to the name displayed on the degree certificate following conferral of the award. Individuals wishing to change these details due to gender reassignment should contact the Assessment Records Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduates should note that degree award documentation will not be distributed at the Graduation Ceremonies.
Please note: If any fees are still unpaid at the time when a student enters for the last examination necessary to qualify for the award of a degree, no certificate in respect of the award will be issued by the College until the debt has been paid in full.
A number of post-nominal awards are issued by Imperial College London, concurrently with undergraduate or postgraduate degrees, as follows:
- Associateship of the Royal College of Science (ARCS) – automatically awarded to undergraduates who successfully complete a BSc or MSci degree from a programme within the Royal College of Science.
- Associateship of the Royal School of Mines (ARSM) – automatically awarded to undergraduates who successfully complete a BSc, BEng, MSci or MEng degree from a programme within the departments of Earth Science & Engineering and Materials.
- Associateship of the Imperial College School of Medicine (AICSM) – automatically awarded to students who successfully complete the MBBS degree.
- Associate of the City and Guilds Institute (ACGI) – automatically awarded to undergraduates who successfully complete a BEng or MEng degree from a programme within the following departments: Aeronautics, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computing, Electrical & Electronic Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. A hard copy certificate is produced by the City and Guilds Institute and queries should be made directly to City & Guilds on +44 (0)20 7294 2800.
- Diploma of Imperial College (DIC) - automatically awarded to postgraduate students who successfully complete the MSc, MRes, MBA, MPH, MEd, MPhil, EngD, MD(Res) or PhD degree.
Award conferral dates
The award date will be displayed on the final degree certificate. The College's award conferral schedule is as follows:
- Undergraduate degrees: The date of the award will be 1 August of the year of the final examination. Where the candidate completes the degree after 1 August the date of the award will be the first day of the month following the recommendation of the award of the degree by the Board of Examiners
- Taught postgraduate degrees finishing in September: The date of the award to candidates for degree programmes ending on 30 September will be 1 November
- Taught postgraduate degrees finishing at other times: The date of the award to candidates for other degree programmes will be the first day of the month following the recommendation of the award of the degree by the Board of Examiners. Where the candidate completes the degree after the normal time the date of the award will be the first day of the month following the recommendation of the award of the degree by the Board of Examiners
- Postgraduate research degrees: First day of the month following that in which the successful version of the thesis has been lodged with the College
Certified copies of degree certificates
The Imperial College Registry can authenticate photocopies of the degree certificate, confirming that the photocopy is a true copy of the original document. As part of this process, we will require the original degree certificate.
Please note that Registry officials are not of the same standing as a notary public or solicitor, and you are therefore advised to check with the organisation requesting this document whether or not it would be acceptable for us to provide you with the certified copy.
Should you require this service, please contact the Certificates Team at email@example.com for further information and guidance.