Below are answers to some common questions you may have about your tuition fees.

Tuition fees FAQs

How much are the tuition fees for my course?

The rate of tuition fees you pay is based on your fee status. Find out more about how we assess your fee status.

Tuition fees vary between postgraduate courses. Find the rates for your chosen courses on the relevant course page.

How do I pay my tuition fees?

Find out more about how to pay.

Please make sure that you read our payment terms in full.

If you have any questions about paying your tuition fees, please contact the Accounts Receivable team:

Do I need to pay a deposit?

Most applicants for MRes or taught postgraduate programmes who are offered a place to study at Imperial are required to pay a deposit towards the cost of their course fees before their place can be confirmed.

Student Finance provide more information about course deposits.

What's the payment process if a sponsor is paying my tuition fees?

For more information about payment of fees by a sponsor, including how to provide evidence of a sponsorship agreement, please see the information for sponsored students.


I have a question about CAS and visas

Find out more about using a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from Imperial College London to prove tuition fees payments made to the College to the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration section of the Home Office.

Find out more about CAS and visas

If you have any queries, please contact or the relevant Admissions team.

Questions about tuition fees

Where can I find Imperial's payment terms?

See the Student Finance website for our full payment terms, as well as specific information for postgraduate students.

Who should I contact about a tuition fee payment I've made?

If you have a question about payments already made to the College, please get in touch with the Accounts Receivable team:

Telephone: +44 (0)20 7594 8858

Contact us

For questions about your tuition fees invoice, contact us:

Telephone: +44 (0)20 7594 8011