Terms and Conditions
2023 Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions for your stay carefully .
Thank you for choosing Imperial College Summer Accommodation. We look forward to welcoming you in one of our residences. Please read our Booking Terms and Conditions carefully.
Please be advised that by making this booking you and your party are entering into an agreement with us based on the below terms and conditions exclusively. Failure to read the below does not abrogate the applicability of the obligations contained herein. Please note that these terms and conditions apply for a maximum of 9 rooms. For 10 rooms and beyond, please refer to our Group Terms and Conditions.
Rooms are booked on first come first served basis. Accommodation is available in selected Imperial student halls. We may change your Hall at any time and without prior notice, depending on availability at the time.
The rate you pay
All rates we advertise are accurate at the time of booking, but we reserve the right to change any of them at any time. No refund will be given if the rates change subsequent to the time of booking. In case specific policies apply to a particular room or rate, the specific room/rate policy prevails over the general hotel policy
Non-Refundable Rate - at time of booking via an online payment portal.
Refundable Rate – on arrival in person at reception
Non-Refundable Rate – 100% fees will apply in case of cancellation any time after booking.
Refundable Rate – Eligible for 100% refund for cancellations up to 48 hours prior to arrival. Cancellations any time after then, will incur in full penalty.
More than 48 hours prior to arrival: No amendment charge, new booking costs apply.
48 hours or less: Amendments not allowed, cancellations charges apply.
Amendments not allowed, cancellations charges apply.
Imperial College operates a relocation policy. If a room is unavailable on arrival (except due to an event beyond our reasonable control - see Force Majeure section) we will either provide a room in another Imperial College residence or if in our reasonable opinion there is no suitable alternative available, we will allow the cancellation of your booking and authorise a full refund. In the unlikely event of us changing your originally booked room type or a hall of residence, if the new room/ hall of residence is cheaper than the originally booked one you can receive a refund for the difference; if the new room/hall of residence is more expensive than the originally booked one, we will absorb the difference in the rate.
Check-in and Check-out
Guests can check-in from 14.00 on the scheduled day of arrival. Guests are required to return their keys and swipe cards to the Check-in desk by 10.00 on the morning of departure assuming that you have paid in full, according to these Terms and Conditions. Please be aware that keys are issued as part of the booking contract. These keys cannot be shared with another person. If a guest is found to let unauthorised people to access the property and creating security problems, they may be asked to leave. There is a minimum fee of £10 for any lost or unreturned keys/swipe cards on departure. If a guest fails to check out by the stipulated time, they will be charged for the equivalent nightly rate at that time. Under these circumstances, the College reserves the right to remove guest property from the room without notice and place it in a relevant storage facility.
The College reserves the right to enter the accommodation to make periodic checks, or for any other reasonable purpose. In exceptional circumstances, where urgent entry is deemed appropriate, the College reserves the right to enter the accommodation at any time without notice.
The College reserves the right to terminate the reservation at any time if the premises are found to be used for any illegal purpose. In such circumstances, monies paid will not be refunded and any outstanding debts must be settled immediately.
The guest or his/her visitor to the property of Imperial College London or any other guest or person permitted to be on-site, agrees to comply with the following:
• Not to obstruct access to the rooms in the Residence; Not to remove any of the contents of the rooms in the Residence;
• Not to act in a way to cause or which is likely to cause disruption or distress to either College staff, other visitors, student residents or members of the general public or constitute a serious risk to the health, safety or welfare of others or their property;
• Accept full financial liability for any loss or damage it may cause to College property within the accommodation, including rooms and public areas and all fixtures, fittings and equipment, including any cleaning costs.
• Not to compromise one’s safety or the safety of others (e.g. never prop open fire doors especially kitchen doors or remove window restrictors as a fine of £75.00 will be levied if they are found to have been tampered with).
You must be 18 years old at the time of booking and possess the legal capacity and authority to book and take up the offers advertised by us if they are still available. It is a condition of your booking with us that any person who is under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult whilst staying at the accommodation. We have the right to refuse entry to persons under the age of 18 that are not accompanied by a responsible adult. Our staff has the right to ask for photographic identification if they believe you to be under the age of 18.
Children under the age of two require a travel cot which can either be provided by you, or booked in advance with us free of charge; please be aware our stock of travel cots is limited and linen is not provided. Children over two years of age must have their own bed and will be charged as an adult. Maximum capacity for baby cots in a room is one.
Please note that baby cots can be provided only in Princes Gardens. Not all rooms can accommodate baby cots.
Underage guests – Beit Hall
Please note that no guest under the age of 18 can stay in Beit Hall. You must also be 18 years old at the time of booking and possess the legal capacity and authority to book and take up the offers advertised by us if they are still available. It is a condition of your booking with us that no persons under 18 years old are brought onto the premises, including the quadrangle and bar area, even if accompanied by an adult who is staying at the accommodation.
For fire safety reasons all visitors must be signed in and out in the Visitors Log Book which is located at the Reception. Please note that unless a visitor has been signed in and out officially using this visitor log book that person has no right to be on the premises and our security or reception staff have the authority to ask that person to leave the premises. No more than four visitors at any time are permitted in a bedroom at any time. No overnight visitors are allowed at any time.
Pets are not allowed at Imperial College except those registered to provide assistance to disabled people, such as Guide Dogs for the Blind or Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
Beit Hall and Prince's Gardens
Please note there is no access to kitchens and self-catering facilities in Prince's Gardens and Beit Hall. Kettles and tea/coffee making facilities are provided in all bedrooms.
Woodward and Kemp Porter Buildings
Guests of Woodward Buildings are welcome to use the kitchen that is made available to them at check-in. Items that guests leave in designated kitchens are left there at their own risk. Kitchens are equipped with fridge-freezers and kettles. No other kitchen appliances apart from the ones provided by the College can be used. Any personal kitchen appliance found in the kitchens or the bedrooms will be removed immediately. Guests are advised to bring their own kitchen utensils since none are provided. Complimentary coffee and tea is provided in the communal kitchens. Imperial College London does not accept liability for items that may go missing from kitchens.
Please be aware that there are other people using the facilities and respect the property of other residents and not remove any items from the kitchen that are not your own. Cooking facilities in the kitchens should only be used between the hours of 06.30 and 22.30. We request that guests dispose of rubbish carefully and with consideration to fellow residents. Rubbish must be disposed of by using refuse bins provided. Food and rubbish should never be left out on tabletops or other surfaces. Pots, pans and other kitchen utensils must be cleaned immediately after use.
Electrical appliances must be used carefully. Gas and liquid fuel heaters, candles, kettles, irons, rice cookers and cooking appliances must not, in any circumstances, be used on the premises. Electric fires and heaters must not be used in bedrooms unless provided by the College.
The hired rooms will be cleaned and clean bed linen will be provided for the start of the hire period. The College will make such arrangements from time to time as it (in its discretion) deems reasonable to clean the hired rooms and to change the linen at no additional cost to you during the hire period (the schedule for this may vary from residence to residence).
Shared bathrooms (available in Beit Hall)
Bathrooms are shared between 4-6 rooms.
Smoking, vaping and e-cigarettes
On 1 July 2007 England introduced a law to make all enclosed public spaces smoke free. Smoking is NOT permitted in any College property. If you or your visitors are found smoking, a minimum penalty of £100 applies. We operate a strict No Drugs Policy in accordance with Imperial College London Rules and Regulations.
Luggage storage is available at most check-in centres. If you wish to store more than five pieces of luggage please contact the relevant Check-in centre (Reception) in advance. We accept no responsibility for any damage or loss of luggage stored on our premises. We will only store luggage for a maximum of 12 hours prior to check-in and after check-out; any luggage left in our storage for longer than 12 hours may be disposed of without prior knowledge.
Free Wi-Fi access is available in all properties. Please ask reception for instructions on how to connect to it. There are telephones in all bedrooms, which are on internal access only. Regretfully we do not offer a direct-dial service.
Beit Hall and Prince's Gardens
We have a limited number of car parking spaces available for our summer accommodation guests which must be booked in advance. To book a car parking space and check prices, please email email@example.com.
Woodward and Kemp Porter Buildings
No parking is available on-site. Public parking is available through NCP.
Complaints during your stay must be made to the Reception team who is on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The complaint will be reviewed by the Front of House manager who will advise on what actions are being taken and how long a resolution might take.
Complaints before arrival and after departure must be made in writing to Imperial College Summer Accommodation Office within seven days of the event in order for constructive action to be taken.
Email address for complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of your email, a member of the reservation team will reply back to acknowledge the complaint within two working days to advise on what actions are being taken and how long a resolution might take.
If the actions we have taken have not resolved the situation to your satisfaction, please let us know by email. Your complaint will be reviewed again by a senior member of staff and we aim to respond with the results of the review within seven working days.
Imperial College shall not be under any liability for total or partial failure to perform, or delay in performing, its obligation caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control in situations such as, but not limited to, the following:
• Acts of God, explosions, flood, lightning, tempest fire or accident.
• War hostilities (whether declared or not), invasion, act of foreign enemies.
• Rebellion, revolution, bylaws, refusals to grant any licences or permissions, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of the governmental authority.
• Strikes, lockouts or other individual actions or trade or disputes of whatever nature.
Imperial College London does not provide insurance for your personal items whilst left in your bedroom or in any other part of the building. Should you suffer a loss of any personal items, we ask that you complete an incident form that is available at reception. This form is for our information only and does not constitute in any part an insurance claim.
If you book standalone accommodation (or any other holiday add-ons) it's a good idea to look at taking out travel insurance so that you don't get left out of pocket should something go wrong with your travel plans. This insurance as a minimum should cover cancellation, baggage loss, accidents and health issues while you are away. It is the Customer's responsibility to ensure any insurance policy taken out is adequate to cover their requirements.
Commencement and duration
This agreement shall commence on the date when full payment is received and confirmed in writing by the reservation team.
Without affecting any other right or remedy available to it, Imperial College may terminate this agreement with immediate effect by giving notice to the Organiser if the Organiser commits a material breach of any of the conditions listed above.
This agreement is personal to the parties and neither party shall assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any of its rights and obligations under this agreement.
It is not intended that any person other than the College or the Client will be entitled to enforce any provisions of this agreement and no third party will be entitled to enforce any of the provisions of this agreement under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Imperial College, Summer Accommodation Office
Commercial and Investment Activities Group
Level 3 Sherfield Building
South Kensington Campus
1. Each Party agrees to communicate to the other without delay any issues they may have in performing their obligations under this agreement.
Health & Safety
2. In application of the general requirement under the Individual terms and conditions “Not to act in a way to cause or which is likely to cause a serious risk to the health, safety or welfare of others or their property, You agree to, and shall ensure that everyone in your booking group will:
a. follow the UK Government’s latest COVID-19 guidance including but not limited to guidance on social distancing;
b. respect the safety of College staff and other people on College Premises by making every reasonable effort to minimise the risk of the spread of COVID-19;
c. follow any special procedures relating to accessing and being present on College grounds and Premises which you are (or anyone in your booking group is) notified about, including instructions provided on posters; and
d. follow any reasonable instructions given by College staff relating to how to practice social distancing on College grounds and Premises.
3. In application of sections 2 (a) and (b) of this Annex above, you shall ensure that noone in your booking group comes onto College grounds or premises if you/they have symptoms of, or if you or any of your booking group suspect that one of your booking group may have, COVID-19, or in the event that the guidance recommends that you quarantine or isolate or otherwise limit contact with other people.
4. If you are (or anyone in your Group is) in breach of any of the provisions in sections 2 or 3 of this Annex, the College can ask you and your Group vacate the relevant hired room(s) and the residence immediately. Breach of sections 2 or 3 of this Annex shall also be deemed a material breach of these Terms and Conditions which will entitle the College to terminate the agreement.
5. The College will abide by the UK Government guidelines applicable to Hotels and other Guest Accommodation at the relevant time which might include specific health and safety requirements. In the event the College totally or partially fails to perform, or is delayed in performing, such obligations by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the Force Majeure clause of the main body of the agreement shall apply.
6. The main terms and conditions provide that the College will make such arrangements from time to time as it (in its discretion) deems reasonable to clean the hired rooms and to change the linen at no additional cost to you during the hire period. These services may be disrupted due to COVID-19 and you acknowledge that the College is entitled to withdraw such gratuitous additional services at any time.
7. In the event that, due in any way to the COVID-19 pandemic
a. it becomes impossible for the College to hire the rooms as envisaged due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control; or
b. the College no longer feels able (in the College’s reasonable opinion) to hire the rooms as envisaged
then the Parties shall take reasonable steps to agree amendments to this agreement (with no obligation to accept an alternative if this would result in either Party incurring further costs) but if no amended agreement can be agreed then the agreement will be deemed cancelled and the payment will be returned in full.
8. The College shall not be liable for any costs that you or those in your booking group might incur as a result of any amendment, postponement or cancellation under section 7 of this Annex.
9. By way of example (without limitation):
a. section 7(a) of the Annex might occur where the College is obliged to close the Premises in which the hired rooms are located due to local or national restrictions, or more generally where UK Government COVID-19 guidance or the College’s health and safety assessment of the premises in which the hired rooms are located means it has become illegal or has been deemed unsafe to proceed with this agreement; and
b. section 7(b) of the Annex might occur where the College has had to change the use of the premises in which the hired rooms are located due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, if, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it becomes impossible for some or all of your booking group to travel to the College, then the Client’s options to cancel or reduce the agreement shall apply subject to the terms of the Cancellation and Amendments clauses of the main body of this agreement.
Need some help or can’t find what you are looking for?
Contact our reservation team on email@example.com or via our enquiry form.