What is a Values Champion?
Imperial Values Champions are a diverse group of people representing various departments across all levels within Imperial.
Our main purpose is to support the community to embed and live our values across all we do to improve the culture and working experience for the entire Imperial Community.
We do this through raising awareness of the values in our areas, providing input and feedback on people and culture initiatives and being positive and active advocates for the Values.
If you are interested in becoming a Values Champion and playing an active role in shaping culture across the College, contact the POD team.
Find out more
What does the role involve?
Through being part of our community of Values Champions, we aim to inspire and empower you to inspire others to bring the College Values to life.
Your role will involve:
- To commit to attending a meeting once a month (1 hour).
- To actively role model the Values in your role as a Champion and your team.
- To listen to updates and feedback from the project team.
- To share updates and feedback from your teams and your observations of Values and Behaviours on the ground.
- To advocate for the Values and Behaviours in your role and back in your team/department.
- To participate in discussions and share ideas on how to raise awareness and the integration of Values into our culture.
- To actively participate in the development and rollout of communications (when appropriate).
Dates and times of meetings?
The second Wednesday of every month, 12:00 - 13:00. Please note that some meetings may be held in person and across different campuses.
The in-person meetings may have a duration of 2 hours.
What is involved in meetings?
The meetings will involve:
- Updates from the Values project team.
- Feedback from teams regarding good practice.
- Issues and ideas sharing.
- Advocacy with your teams.
- Input and feedback on development and communications support.
How we work
We meet monthly for one hour and hold face-to-face meetings once a term.
We communicate with openness and integrity; we aim to be inclusive in our approach and actively welcome different perspectives and feedback, consistently demonstrating respect for each other and our colleagues. We seek to draw on all Champions' diverse skills, experience and ideas collaboratively.
What you can do
We are keen to grow our Values Champion community with new members. If you are interested in becoming a Values Champion or have a people & culture dilemma or issue, please get in touch with any of the Values Champions who would be happy to help.
Who are the Values Champions?
Nichola Stallwood (Chair)
Nichola Stallwood (Chair)
Head of People and Organisational Development
Professor of Mathematical Immunology
Cancer Clinical Trials Operations Manager
Head of HR & Finance Product Line, ICT
Reader in Astrophysics
Teaching Fellow – Research Impact and Cornerstone
People Development Lead, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
Senior Laboratory Manager
Security Service Manager
Senior Teaching Fellow
Research Associate, Pain Research Group
Professor of Vaccine Immunology