What is a Values Champion?
The Values Champions support the rollout and embedding of the College Values and Behaviours.
Raising awareness of culture and Values in their areas, they provide ideas and feedback on Values-related development sessions and communication plans; and reflect the needs and experience of teams on the ground.
If you are interested in becoming a Values Champion and playing an active role in shaping culture across the College, get in touch with the POD team.
Find out more
What does the role involve?
Through being part of our community of Values Champions, we aim to inspire and empower you to inspire others to bring the College Values to life.
Your role will involve:
- To commit to attending a meeting once a month (1 hour).
- To actively role model the Values in your role as a Champion and your team.
- To listen to updates and feedback from the project team.
- To share updates and feedback from your teams and your observations of Values and Behaviours on the ground.
- To advocate for the Values and Behaviours in your role and back in your team/department.
- To participate in discussions and share ideas on how to raise awareness and the integration of Values into our culture.
- To actively participate in the development and rollout of communications (when appropriate).
Dates and times of meetings?
The second Wednesday of every month, 12:00 - 13:00. Please note that some meetings may be held in person and across different campuses.
The in-person meetings may have a duration of 2 hours.
What is involved in meetings?
The meetings will involve:
- Updates from the Values project team.
- Feedback from teams regarding good practice.
- Issues and ideas sharing.
- Advocacy with your teams.
- Input and feedback on development and communications support.
Who are the Values Champions?
Professor of Mathematical Immunology
Cancer Clinical Trials Operations Manager
Head of HR & Finance Product Line, ICT
Reader in Astrophysics
Teaching Fellow – Research Impact and Cornerstone
People Development Lead, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
Senior Laboratory Manager
EA to Head of Department & EDI Co-Director
Senior Teaching Fellow
Research Associate, Pain Research Group
Head of People and Organisational Development
Professor of Vaccine Immunology
Rose Villanueva Parr
Rose Villanueva Parr
Senior Coordinator - Clinical Academic Training Office