The Careers Service offers you support throughout your time at Imperial College London from day one of studies through to three years after you graduate. Our team can help all undergraduate and postgraduate students explore career options, formulate a career plan that’s suitable for you (even if you have no idea what you want to do) and help you to find and apply for opportunities. We also run a series of events for you to meet, network, and learn from employers and alumni across different sectors and industries including further academic research and PhD study.
Access to the Careers Service
You will have full access to the Careers Service from the first day of your degree programme when you officially enrol. You will then be able to book onto events, one to one appointments and search for job vacancies. You cannot access any of our services or events before this time but we've compiled some links below to help you to explore our resources and start planning your career.
Offer holder tabs
Careers Service starting points
The Careers Service website hosts a wide range of information and advice on various topics relating to your career journey. At an early stage of the process, these links may be particularly helpful for you right now:
- What can I do with my degree? - our subject specific resources contain careers information for students.
- What do Imperial graduates do? - review the Graduate Outcome data for each academic department at Imperial.
- Work Experience - develop key skills that employers regard as important while getting vital expereience for your CV.
- Exclusive Opportunities - develop your employability and to get career insights and experience through our programmes.
- Services for Students - key information for First Year Undergraduates, MSc and PhD students.
- Applicaiton Support - open access resources to help write a CV, draft a Cover Letter or prepare for interview.
Useful Imperial departments
Here is a list of other useful departments that you might need throughout your time at Imperial:
- Business School Careers Service - offers support, advice and skills training for all students studying specifically within the Business School.
- Centre for Languages, Culture and Communication - offer complimentary programmes of study to supplement your learning.
- Enterprise Lab - offer a series of activities to support the next generation of student innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Graduate School - offer professional development programmes and the other opportunities for postgraduate students.
- International Student Support - offer support and activities for international students including advice on visas.
- Disability Advisory Service – support for students who have an impairment or disability, specific learning difficulties and other short and long-term conditions
- Students' Union - getting involved in student activities is a fantastic way to meet new people, learn a skill, or simply have fun!
Further resources to support your research and decision making:
- Prospects UK - subject specific resources to help you explore career options after a specific degree.
- TargetJobs UK - explore key skills that are gained in different degrees and what you can do with them.
- Imperial College LinkedIn - explore LinkedIn profiles of past and present students to seek career inspiration.