Most Master’s students at Imperial will be on a one year course. Be aware that many graduate jobs have applications as early as October (to start work a year later). Don’t miss out and engage with the Careers Service early to make the most of the opportunities to meet employers and learn job market skills.
From your first day at Imperial you can access our JobsLive system where you will find full details of the leading companies attending our careers fairs.
We run a range of sector specific Careers Fairs across the autumn, summer and spring terms, to provide you with the opportunity to meet recruiters and find out about the programmes on offer from different organisations.
JobsLive also gives you access to:
- Internships and jobs advertised specifically to Imperial students
- Access to the many talks and presentations from employers happening every week year round
- Talks about career-related skills such as making applications, interviewing and career planning
- The Imperial Careers Service publication, 'CVs and Cover Letters' - including examples you can use to produce your own effective, professional job application documents
The Graduate School
We work in partnership with the Graduate School to deliver workshops specifically for Master’s students including:
- CVs, Cover Letters and Application Forms
- Developing Your Career Through Networking
- Interview Skills
- Stepping Up: Masters to PhD
Find out the times/dates and sign up at Graduate School: Moving Forward
If you are an international student it is important to know about the visas available if you want to work in the UK after graduation. Find out more from the international students section of out website, and the Imperial International Student Team.