Students Welcome Information
Hello and Welcome!
Health and Safety is an important aspect of our lives and one for which we are all responsible. It is perhaps particularly important in a specialised environment like Imperial College. As students of Imperial, it is your responsibility to tend to the health and safety of yourself and of others by complying the college codes of practice as well as departmental codes of practice.
- Departmental Health and Safety Procedures
It is imperative that you make yourself familiar with the Health and Safety page for the department of Computing and stay on top of any regulations or guidance that may change throughout the academic year. We would ask that you also familiarize yourself with the College Health and Safety Page, for campus wide updates.
- Accident Reporting
In the event of an accident, we ask that all students report cases through the incident reporting systems named SALUS. This is important so that staff and students can work together to ensure that any reported accidents do not occur again. Should you encounter a hazard that you feel poses potential danger, you can report that on SALUS as a ‘near miss’.
- Pat testing of Electrical Equipment
If you wish to bring any equipment on to campus with you, that has not been provided to you by the college, you are required to have it PAT tested. This is in the interest of fire safety. Details on how to do this will be released later in the semester.
Please view the College’s updates about Covid-19
- Please note the following important contacts:
- Head of Department: Michael Huth
- Department Operations Manager: Anne O’Neill
- Director of Undergraduate Studies: Anthony Field
- Director of MSc Studies: Anandha Gopalan
- Teaching Support Manager: Rituparna Saha
- Display Screen Equipment Assessor: Geoff Bruce, Room 306.
- CSG Helpdesk: Room 306, Email Help@doc.ic.ac.uk.
- Emergency Numbers: 4444 – from a college phone, 020 7589 1000 from a mobile.
Undergraduate student videos
MSc student videos