Beyond Ethnicity Career Conference
The Beyond Ethnicity Career Conference (BECC) for Minority Ethnic staff and students will take place on Friday 29 September 2023 on Imperial's South Kensington Campus. This is a one-day event open to everyone in their early career stage including research staff, professional, technical and operational staff, and MSc and PhD students. We welcome people from Imperial and beyond.
This year’s theme is 'No Stone Left Unturned: No obstacles can stand in the way of your success'. The conference will focus identifying barriers that might be holding you back in your career and how to find support and resources to break through them. You will also have the opportunity to meet, network, and find allies with like-minded delegates.
We are pleased to announce that the keynote address will be delivered by Eric Collins, American businessman, serial entrepreneur, technology expert, and former President Obama appointee.
How to register
You can register to attend via Qualtrics.
The first 50 people who register and attend the conference will receive a copy of Eric Collins’s book We Don't Need Permission: Unlocking Black Empowerment for Good.
The Beyond Ethnicity Career Conference 2023 Programme is now available.
Workshops will include
- Understanding and re-authoring your life narrative for career and life success
- Finding the right internship - the importance of transferable skills
- What the Graduate School can do for you & Networking for Your Career
Promoting Your Best Self
- Eric Collins, CEO ImpactX
- Maryane Mwaniki, Co-Founder, Counsellor & Coach, Eden Relationships
- Caroline Hargreaves, Senior Teaching Fellow, Graduate School, Imperial College
- Julie Quist-Therson, Diversity and Inclusion specialist, 10,000 Black Interns
- Lathi Dube, Founder of The Identity Dichotomy