Disability for managers - implementing workplace adjustments
24 January 2023, 10.00-11.30 (face-to-face)
9 February 2023, 10.00-11.30 (online)
1 March 2023, 10.00-11.30 (online)
23 May 2023, 10.00-11.30 (face-to-face)
8 June 2023, 10.00-11.30 (online)
This session for managers provides a greater insight into the support that can be provided for disabled staff. Participants will develop the skills necessary to ensure that disabled staff at Imperial are able to work at their best, without any barrier to success.
Through this training, you will:
- Gain an understanding of how to speak about disability with staff members, and how to handle disclosures;
- Become aware of the range of support available to disabled staff, and how to support your teams in accessing relevant supportive measures;
- Understand how to provide ongoing support to staff members with a disability, ensuring that they are able to continue to thrive at Imperial.
Who should attend
This course is open to all staff members who have line management or supervisory responsibilities .
- 90-minute briefing
- Delivered by members of the EDI Centre
- No charge for Imperial staff
Netiquette for online training
- To create a safe space for sharing and discussion it is important for delegates to be fully present and an active participant. For some of our training sessions, you will be required to keep your video cameras on. Please ensure that prior to attending the workshop you have a fully functioning camera and microphone. If you are having issues with your equipment, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Please ensure that you are in a private space where you can maintain confidentiality and the privacy of delegates.
- To maintain confidentiality delegates will be asked to agree to keep what is said in the group, within the group, and not record or take screenshots/photos without permission. In addition to not post pictures or quotes from the session on social media or elsewhere without express permission of those involved.