Staff network leadership programme
This programme has been designed to meet the core skills required to be an effective co-chair or committee member of one of the College's networks. The areas of development were selected after consultations with the existing network chairs and understanding the challenges of the role.
What is covered in the course?
The aims of the programme are:
- To equip our network chairs and committees with skills to ensure their success in their voluntary roles
- To enhance collaboration between the networks and their executive sponsors
- To provide transferable skills which will benefit the chairs in their day-to-day roles
Who is this course for?
Co-chairs and committee members of the staff networks will be directly invited to take part in this programme.
Managers of the staff network leads are invited to attend Day 1 of the programme.
The Executive Sponsors of the staff networks are invited to attend Day 4 of the programme.
- The programme consists of four sessions spread over several months.
- The programme has been developed and is delivered by Imperial's EDI Centre.
- There is no charge for Imperial staff.
- For 2023, there will be a mix of face-to-face in-person sessions, and online sessions. This is to allow for flexibility due to the nature of the network leads' roles and workload considerations as volunteers.
More information about the programme
Dates for the next programme
|Workshop 1 - Welcome to the role | History of staff networks | Expectations and structures | Manager's perspective | Lighting the spark - initial idea creation||Face-to-face||28 April 2023, 10.00 - 14.00|
|Workshop 2 - Project management||Online||11 May 2023, 09.30 - 12.30|
|Workshop 3 - Negotiating and influencing||Online||15 June 2023, 10.00 - 13.00|
|Workshop 4 - Thinking in a strategic way | Inclusive comms & events | Wellbeing and supporting others||Face-to-face||21 September 2023, 10.00 - 16.30|
Netiquette for online training
- It is important that you are fully present and an active participant, to create a safe space for sharing and discussion.
- For some of our training, you will be required to keep your video cameras on. Please ensure prior to attending that you have a fully functioning camera and microphone. If you have any issues with your equipment, please contact us as soon as possible. If you require your camera to be off as a workplace adjustment, please let us know in advance so that we can makethe trainer aware.
- Please ensure that you are in a private space where you can maintain confidentiality and the privacy of the other delegates.
- To maintain confidentiality, all delegates are asked to agree to keep what is said within the group, and not record or take screenshots/photos without permission. Pictures or quotes from the session should not be posted on social media or elsewhere without the express permission of those involved.