Disability at Imperial
26 October 2023, 14.00 - 15.30 (online)
28 February 2024, 14.00 - 15.30 (online)
6 June 2024, 14.00 - 15.30 (online)
This awareness-building session provides an introduction to the topic of disability in the workplace. The session will provide participants with an understanding of what constitutes a disability, how you can work towards an inclusive environment for disabled colleagues, and how Imperial provides support to disabled staff.
What is covered in this briefing?
- Understand how disability is defined and the rights and responsibilities around disability
- Understand how to support your disabled colleagues and how to access support available at Imperial
- Take forward actions for promoting positivity around disability and how to engage with disability going forward
Who is this briefing for?
This briefing is aimed at all staff apart from managers and those who have supervisory responsibilities.
For managers and those who have supervisory responsibilities, it is recommended that you attend Disability for managers - implementing workplace adjustments.
- A 90 minute briefing session
- Delivered by members of the EDI Centre
- No charge for Imperial staff
- May be delivered face-to-face, or online
Netiquette for online training
- It is important that you are fully present and an active participant, to create a safe space for sharing and discussion.
- For some of our training, you will be required to keep your video cameras on. Please ensure prior to attending that you have a fully functioning camera and microphone. If you have any issues with your equipment, please contact us as soon as possible. If you require your camera to be off as a workplace adjustment, please let us know in advance so that we can makethe trainer aware.
- Please ensure that you are in a private space where you can maintain confidentiality and the privacy of the other delegates.
- To maintain confidentiality, all delegates are asked to agree to keep what is said within the group, and not record or take screenshots/photos without permission. Pictures or quotes from the session should not be posted on social media or elsewhere without the express permission of those involved.