7 December 2022, 09.30-13.00 (online)
23 February 2023, 13.30-17.00 (face-to-face)
18 May 2023, 09.30-13.00 (face-to-face)
This 3.5-hour workshop is aimed at all staff and will introduce the topic of neurodiversity within the workplace. The workshop will focus on the following:
- Introduction to the different neurodivergent processing differences e.g. Dyslexia, Dyspraxia (DCD), Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, ADD, ADHD and Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Common misconceptions and stereotypes.
- Associated challenges and strengths.
- Potential impact on mental health and general wellbeing.
Who Should Attend
This course is open to all staff members.
- 3.5-hour training course
- Facilitated by an external trainer: Daniel Brooke - Neurodiversity Specialists
- No charge for Imperial staff
- Platform (if online) - Zoom
Netiquette for online training
- To create a safe space for sharing and discussion it is important for delegates to be fully present and an active participant. For some of our training sessions, you will be required to keep your video cameras on. Please ensure that prior to attending the workshop you have a fully functioning camera and microphone. If you are having issues with your equipment, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Please ensure that you are in a private space where you can maintain confidentiality and the privacy of delegates.
- To maintain confidentiality delegates will be asked to agree to keep what is said in the group, within the group, and not record or take screenshots/photos without permission. In addition to not post pictures or quotes from the session on social media or elsewhere without express permission of those involved.