Contract type guidance
This guidance note sets out the various types of contractual arrangements that individuals may be appointed to within the College.
Consideration should be given to the most appropriate contractual arrangement when appointing staff. The factors to be taken into account when deciding on the type of contract to be used include:
- the hours, working pattern and duration of employment
- the source of funding - external or internal;
- the length of the funding and the likelihood of renewal;
- the nature of the work - specific and time-limited project or an open-ended task which is part of the core function and therefore likely to continue;
- the contracts of employment issued to other staff engaged in similar work or from the same funding source
|Type of contract
|Suitability for use and length of engagement
|Senior Research Investigator (SRI)
|Casual letter of understanding
For full information please view the guidance document found in the red box at the top.