Accordion widget - UROP + alumni
Dr Camille Petit is a Professor in Materials Engineering in the Department of Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London, where she currently leads the Multifunctional Materials Laboratory. Prior to this appointment, she was a postdoctoral researcher at Columbia University. She received her PhD in Chemistry in 2011 from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York and her MSc in 2007 from Ecole Nationale Superieure de Chimie de Montpellier, France.
Her research focuses on elucidating the fundamentals of porous materials formation, structure, and chemistry to exploit them in interfacial applications, i.e. separation of molecules and solar fuel production. Her work also investigates the implications of using these materials at the large-scale. Materials of interest include metal-organic frameworks (MOFs), nitrides, porous polymers and zeolites. Dr Petit has received awards across the chemistry, materials and chemical engineering disciplines (e.g. 2020 RSC Barrer Award, received a 2019 ERC Starting Grant, 2019 Philip Leverhulme Prize for Engineering, 2017 AIChE’s 35 under 35 award, 2017 IOM3 Silver Medal). Dr Petit sits on the Board of Directors of the International Adsorption Society and the Editorial Advisory Board of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research.
Postdoctoral Researchers and Fellows
Dr David Danaci is a postdoctoral research associate currently working with Prof Paul Fennell and acting as assistant supervisor for Ms May-Yin (Ashlyn) Low, a PhD student in our group. David obtained his PhD in the Department of Chemical Engineering at The University of Melbourne, Australia. You can learn more about David on his Professional Web Page.
Zhu (Alice) Meng is a research assistant working on the automated and high-throughout synthesis of iridium oxide catalysts for oxygen evolution reaction. This work is in collaboration with Prof Magda Titirici, Dr Ifan Stephens and Dr Lana Lee. Alice conducted her BSc and MSc degrees at Beijing University of Chemical Technology, China, and her PhD degree in the Department of Chemistry at Imperial College London, UK.
Dr Andrius Patapas is a postdoctoral research associate working on the project 'Liquid phase exfoliation of graphene and online monitoring' in collaboration with Prof Omar Matar and Dr Jason Stafford (University of Birmingham). Andrius obtained both his MSc and PhD degrees from the Department of Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London, UK.
Dr Reza Vakili is a postdoctoral research associate working on the project 'CO2 photoreduction using porous boron nitride'. Reza obtained his MSc degree in Chemical Engineering at Shiraz University, Iran, and his PhD in Chemical Engineering at The University of Manchester, UK. He worked as postdoctoral researcher at the University of Bath and Queen's University Belfast. You can learn more about Reza's publications on his Google Scholar Profile.
Omar Al-Miqdadi is working on accelerating discovery and implementation of effective porous liquids for CO2 removal. His project is co-supervised by Dr Becky Greenaway. Omar conducted his first degree in Chemistry at the University of Warwick, UK.
Hassan Azzan is conducting experimental co-adsorption studies and rapid sorbent screening for H2/CO2 separations. His project is co-supervised by Dr Ronny Pini. Hassan conducted his MEng degree in Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London, UK.
Lucy Barton is working on the design and testing of a rotary adsorber process for carbon management, including direct air capture. Her project is co-supervised by Dr Ronny Pini. Lucy studied Chemical Engineering at Curtin University, Australia and worked as a Process Engineer at Woodside Energy prior to starting her PhD studies.
Killian Gmyrek is studying chemical transport and adsorption in hierarchical porous solids. His project is co-supervised by Dr Ronny Pini. Killian conducted his MEng degree in Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London, UK.
Ioanna Itskou is investigating of CO2 adsorption and photocatalytic reduction mechanisms in porous nitride-based materials. Ioanna conducted her MEng degree in Chemical Engineering at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
May-Yin (Ashlyn) Low is investigating CO2 adsorbents for direct air capture with particular focus on generating equilibrium, kinetic, and stability data. Ashlyn obtained her Bachelor of Applied Science at the University of Waterloo, Canada.
Kleio Zervidi is studying hybrid systems (adsorption-absorption) for Direct Air Capture. Her project is co-supervised by Prof Martin Trusler and Dr Ronny Pini. Kleio conducted BSc and MSc degrees in Mining and Metallurgical Engineering at the National Technical University of Athens, Greece and an MSc degree in Petroleum Engineering at Imperial College London, UK.
Yao (Angelina) Tong is a MRes student and is part of the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Next Generation Synthesis & Reaction Technology. Angelina is co-supervised by Dr Rob Davies and Dr Philip Miller. Her project is 'Accelerated Development of Cat@MOF catalysts for Industrially Relevant Hydrogenation'.
Mr Callum Sturman is a 2nd year MEng student in the Department of Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London, UK. He is conducting a research placement, working alongside Ms May-Yin (Ashlyn) Low, on adsorbents for Direct Air Capture.
Alvaro Ferre is a PhD student at The Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany, under the supervision of Prof Jakob Burger. He is currently on a research visit in the Department of Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London, UK, working in collaboration with Dr Ronny Pini and Dr Carsten Wedler on adsorption-based CO2/CH4 separation.
Postdoctoral Researchers and Research Fellows
- Dr Tian Tian (2019-2023), Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), Hong Kong
- Dr Humera Ansari (2021-2023), Doctoral Prize Fellow, Loughborough University, UK
- Dr Ashwin Rajagopalan (2020-2021), Lecturer, University of Manchester, UK
- Dr Ying Xiong (2019-2021), postdoctoral researcher, ENSICAEN/CNRS, Caen, France
- Dr Robert Woodward (2019-2020), Assistant Professor, University of Vienna, Austria
- Dr Jason Stafford (2017-2019), Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Dept., University of Birmingham, UK
- Dr Salman Shahid (2018), Lecturer, Chemical Engineering Dept., University of Manchester, UK
- Dr Kostas Christoforidis (2016-2017), Assistant Professor, Environmental Engineering Dept., Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- Dr Ryan Luebke (2015-2017), Technology Licensing and Business Development Officer at Cornell University, USA
- Dr Jindui Hong (2015), Research Scientist, SENFI/SCG, UK
- Anouk L'Hermitte (2019-2023), postdoctoral researcher, Cambridge University, UK
- Giulia Schukraft (2018-2022), Polymer Scientist, Sun Chemical, New York, NY, USA
- Usmaan Farooq (2016-2021), Analyst, NexantECA, Energy and Chemicals Advisory
- Ravi Shankar (2016-2021), Audiovisual Translator, Subtitler and EditorAudiovisual Translator, Subtitler and Editor, Titles-On Ltd, Chennai, India
- Arwyn Evans (2015-2019), R&D Manager, Kene Partners, London, UK
- Chuks Uzo (2015-2019), Senior Forensic Data Analyst, Ernest and Young, London, UK
- Ethan Butler (2014-2018), Senior Scientist, Sanofi, Waltham, MA, USA
- Elton Rodrias (2014-2018), Associate Professor (Teaching), University College London, UK
- Sofia Marchesini (2014-2018), Senior Scientist, National Physical Laboratory, UK
- Angus Crake (2014-2018), Process Engineer, Worley Parsons, UK
- Nicholas Farandos (2014-2018), Director of Electrochemistry, Utility Global, Houston, TX, USA
MSc and MRes students
- Martina Fava (2020-2021), Senior Energy Analyst, Aurora Energy Research, Oxford, UK
- Jinil Pandya (2020-2021), Analyst, NexantECA, London, UK
- Bruno Chan (2020-2021), Process Engineer, ASMPT, Hong Kong
- Pantelis Ioannou (2020-2021), Gas Market Analyst, S&P Global, London, UK
- Farris Idaham Rashid (2019-2020), Environmental Engineer, ExxonMobil, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Charles Brown (2019-2020)
- Ziang Huang (2019-2020)
- Elan Mistry (2019-2020), PhD student, University College London, UK
- Xiaoye Xiong (2019-2020)
- Yongyueheng Xiong (2019-2020), Senior Materials Engineer, CarlBerk Consulting, Shanghai, China
- Wouter Arts (2018-2019), PhD student, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Yijia Chen (2018-2019)
- Samia Said (2018-2019), PhD student, University College London, UK
- Louise McGrath (2018-2019), Clinical Trial Practitioner, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- Liberty Stephen (2018-2019)
- Anna Wilson (2017-2018), PhD student, Imperial College London, UK
- Maria Hili (2017-2018), Senior Executive National Research and Innovation Strategy, Malta Council for Science & Technology, Malta
- James Frost (2016-2017), Research And Development Engineer, Carbon Clean, UK
- Andrius Patapas (2015-2016), PDRA student, Imperial College London, UK
- Panwei Hu (2015-2016), Sustainability Engineer, China
- Ang Li (2015-2016)
- Xinmo Zhang (2015-2016), Scientist, EUROAPI, Haverhill, UK
- Zahra Shahbakhsh (2014-15), Sales Manager, Connective Links Technology, UAE
- Md Nor Nawawi (2014-15), Business Development Executive, Petronas, Malaysia
- Ethan Butler (2013-14), Senior Scientist, Sanofi, Waltham, MA, USA
- Hugo Guggenheim (2013-14), Director of LATAM Strategic Projects, Groupe Casino, Paris, France
- Jeoungwoo Hong (2013-2014)
- Elan Mistry (2019), PhD student at University College London, UK
- Athanasios Charos (2019), MSc student, Imperial College London, UK
- Ada Chen (2019)
- Silvia Favero (2018), PhD student, Imperial College London, UK
- Xiyu (Millie) Wang (2017, 2018)
- Aoife Gregg (2017), PhD student, Cambridge University, UK
- Joseph Chimento (2016), Manager-Consulting, PwC, UK
- Christos Constantinou (2016), Senior NLP Data Scientist, Citi, London, UK
- Ian Emerson (2016), Venture Associate, Fabric Venture, London, UK
- Thayaruby Uthayakumaranathan (2015), Process Engineer, IOG plc, UK
- Souhila Aissani (2015), Hygiene R&D Business Associate, Reckitt, Germany
- Jack Cordrey (2014, 2015), Biopharma Application Engineering Specialist, 3M, Antwerp, Belgium
- Sarah Khellaf (2014), Engineer, Sopra Steria, France
- Charlotte Whelan (2014)
- Marek Nedoma (2022), PhD student, Czech Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Zhihong Ye (2019), Assistant Professor, Chongqing University, China