Introduction to Statistics Using R
Not related to any specific area of research. This is a 1 day practical PC-based workshop, covering graphs and summaries, descriptive statistics then progressing to 1 and 2 sample tests, one-way ANOVA and simple linear regression.
Entry requirements: Participants from any background can attend the course. Some familiarity with R is required to attend this course. Alternatively, you should have attended Introduction to R or Foundations in R course.
Course Tutor: Krupa Shukla
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 6 CPD credits.
Data Entry and Manipulation
- Categorical and continuous data
- Transform, recode and compute variables
- Graphs and tables
- Simple plots and descriptive statistics
- Cross tabulation
Basic Statistical Analysis
- Estimation and hypothesis testing
- One sample tests: t-test, signed rank test
- Two sample tests: t-test, Mann-Whitney test
- 1-way Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Correlation and simple linear regression
Early Bird rate is available for up to 4 weeks before the session runs.
Any problems with booking, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Course fees and dates for 2023-2024
EARLY BIRD RATE
£270.00: Imperial College only.
£414.00: External rate.
£300.00: Imperial College only.
£460.00: External rate
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
Dates for Academic year 2023-2024
- Wednesday 25 October 2023
- Tuesday 05 March 2024
- Tuesday 11 June 2024
- Tuesday 13 August 2024
Please CLICK HERE to be redirected to the registration forms and booking links.
Time and Location
The course will run face-to-face with an option to join via Microsoft Teams.
Exact details will be sent a week prior to the course date.