Introduction to R
This is a command based course, not related to any specific area of research. No experience or previous knowledge to R is required to attend this course.
We also offer a two-days course "Foundations in R", firstly introducing participants to the basics of R, prior to progressing to the use of widely popular tidyverse package for data management and manipulation and data visualisation using ggplot2 package.
For a more in depth course on programming we provideIntroduction to Programming Using R.
Course Tutor: Krupa Shukla
This course has been approved by the Royal College of Physicians for 6 CPD credits.
- Understanding R
- Getting started with R - Command prompt, R Working directory
- The R Objects – Vectors, matrices and factors
- Subsetting from R Objects
- Handling Missing values
- Manipulating and handling Data
- Lists and data.frames
- R Environment - R Workspace and R History
- Input and output
- Reading and Writing Data
- Scripts and Source
- Getting basic statistics of data
- Data visualisation using R Graphs
- R packages
- Setting Repositories, Installing and updating packages
- Basic Programming components
- Writing functions
Early Bird rate is available for up to 4 weeks before the session runs.
Any problems with booking, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees and dates for 2021-2022
EARLY BIRD RATE
£198.00: Imperial College only.
£333.00: External rate.
£220.00: Imperial College only.
£370.00: External rate
* Click here for Cancellation Policy
Dates for Academic year 2021-2022
- Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 October 2021 (half-days)
- Tuesday 16 and Wednesday 17 November 2021 (half-days)
- Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 January 2022 (half-days)
- Monday 9 May 2022
- Tuesday 5 July 2022
Time and Location
The course will run face-to-face with an option to join via Microsoft Teams.
Exact details will be sent a week prior to the course date