To be eligible for the key worker apartments at Eighty Eight Wood Lane, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria, which has been set by Hammersmith and Fulham Council as part of the Section 106 Agreement and approved by Provost’s Board in May 2018.
All Imperial College London, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust staff and other key workers are able to apply for staff accommodation at Wood Lane, provided they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Household income: The total gross household income does not exceed £90,634 per year. A Household Income Review will take place annually. Household income is defined as the total gross income of all permanent household members over the age of 15
- Contract of employment: Applicants have a contract of employment in London for a minimum of 17.5 hours (the equivalent of 0.5 FTE) per week with at least 12 months remaining from the tenancy agreement start date
Key workers are defined as:
- Members of staff of Imperial College or Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- NHS clinical, ancillary or administrative staff
- Teaching, administrative or ancillary staff employed by a local education authority
- Staff employed by a local authority
- Staff employed by the Metropolitan Police Force or British Transport Police
- Staff employed by the London Fire, Ambulance and Civil Defence Authority
- Staff employed by Transport for London, London Underground Limited or any other provider of public transport services
How apartments are allocated
Key worker apartments are allocated to eligible applicants in the following cascade of priority:
- Imperial Academic & Research staff (Lecturer/Research Fellow/Assistant Professor at Job Level C and above) and Learning & Teaching staff who currently live in Hammersmith and Fulham
- Imperial Academic & Research staff (Lecturer/Research Fellow/Assistant Professor at Job Level C and above) and Learning & Teaching staff not currently living in the borough
- Imperial Research Assistants and Research Associates (Job Level A and B)
- Imperial Professional, Technical and Support Staff
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust staff
- Other key workers who live or work in Hammersmith and Fulham
There are four accessible key worker apartments available. Applicants from any job family who has a need for accessible accommodation will be given priority for these apartments, provided they meet the necessary eligibility criteria and provide supporting evidence from your doctor or other medical professionals.
*Allocation is subject to reference and credit checks.
Due to popular demand, your application will be added to a waiting list.
Apartment types by income band
The type of apartment you can apply for is based on affordability and your total gross household income.
|Income Band 1
|Income Band 2
|Income Band 3
|Aug 2023 - Jul 2024
|up to £46,961 pa
|up to £75,489 pa
|up to £90,634 pa
|Two-bedroom en-suite apartment